binder for thin films
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM,
binder for thin films
I work actually on spin coating, and I would like to make thin film of CuInS2 using this technique.
I'd like to use binder to improve my process, but I don't where to start.
So, can somebody help me? It'd be very nice
Thanks
03-25-2007, 02:06 PM,
RE: binder for thin films
Hi corinne

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

Must admit to not knowing much on spin coating technology Ashamed0002 Could you give us a bit more information?
03-26-2007, 03:06 PM,
OK,

So I would like to make uniform coating of CuInS2 (thickness 1.5-2 micrometer) on a glass substrate.
Actually I use an aqueous solution of CIS nanoparticles, but the obtained coatings are not uniform (visual aspect, thickness).
I already tried different concentrations, different spin programs, but nothing changes.
I hope, that you'll can help me with these new informations.

Thank you
corinne

Gordon Wrote:Hi corinne

Must admit to not knowing much on spin coating technology Ashamed0002 Could you give us a bit more information?
03-29-2007, 12:34 PM,
Hi corinne

Have you tried alcohol (ethanol or isopropanol) carriers instead of water?

A few links on the subject of spin coating, though I suspect this will probably be of more use to those of us that are not too familiar with the process.

(Sorry all links now dead)
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM,
Thank you for your answer.
I had already read these different articles...
But I hope that I will receive other advices from this forum

Thanks
corinne
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM,
corinne durand Wrote:OK,

So I would like to make uniform coating of CuInS2 (thickness 1.5-2 micrometer) on a glass substrate.
Actually I use an aqueous solution of CIS nanoparticles, but the obtained coatings are not uniform (visual aspect, thickness).
I already tried different concentrations, different spin programs, but nothing changes.

Thank you
corinne

A few links on the subject of spin coating, though I suspect this will probably be of more use to those of us that are not too familiar with the process.

-----------------

Hi,

How about using electrophoretic deposition using the existing suspension solutions (since your glass is non-conductive, you will need to using a metallic auxilary working electrode next to the glass).

With a bit of experimenting, you will instantly know which electrode will be the anode (depeding on the charge state of your suspension solution).

Hong Wei Wang
ERA Technology, UK
04-20-2007, 09:07 PM,
OK,

It seems to be a good idea.
I am going to make research about this pocess, but could you indicate to me some puplications and internet links which could help me, because I have never used this process before.

thanks
corinne
hwang Wrote:
corinne durand Wrote:OK,

Thank you
corinne

-----------------

Hi,

How about using electrophoretic deposition using the existing suspension solutions (since your glass is non-conductive, you will need to using a metallic auxilary working electrode next to the glass).

With a bit of experimenting, you will instantly know which electrode will be the anode (depeding on the charge state of your suspension solution).

Hong Wei Wang
ERA Technology, UK

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diamond Lapping Superfinish films Met.Eng. 1 3,510 12-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Stephen Booth
  HVOF coating the bores of thin wall sleeves SDA 5 7,701 06-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Last Post: kschewe
  2micron WC coating on thin P-bronze disc drramc 5 7,263 07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Gordon