SM EvoCoat???
08-03-2009, 09:07 PM,
SM EvoCoat???
Anyone heard of a Sulzer Metco EvoCoat system?
Is it PLC and MFC controlled or flowtube?
Sounds like a flowtube version of the unicoat, but I cannot find anything on it.

thanks
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM,
RE: SM EvoCoat???
Consult your local SM sales rep..im sure they will be willing to provide u more info.
08-04-2009, 08:30 PM,
hahah well that is usually good, but you get dumped into v-mail and then you wait and wait and wait and wait....zzzz Smile
At least that is how it is in the USA.
08-07-2009, 01:52 PM,
(08-04-2009, 08:30 PM)Intel55 Wrote: hahah well that is usually good, but you get dumped into v-mail and then you wait and wait and wait and wait....zzzz Smile
At least that is how it is in the USA.

Good afternoon,

In the spirit of the forum I'm not going to get into a sales pitch here, however if you would care to drop me an email or give me a call I'd be more than happy to discuss the evocoat system offline with you.
Simon Hiiemae
Sulzer Metco (UK) Ltd
01633 488 091
emailaddressisSimon.Hiiemae@Sulzer.com
08-08-2009, 09:17 PM,
Hi Simon

Thank you for bearing in mind the spirit of the forum. Smile Though I don't think any of us would mind an informative outline of the EvoCoat system minus sales pitch. A Google search for "Sulzer metco EvoCoat " only resulted in links to this thread and a chinese SM page.
08-09-2009, 04:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2009, 05:26 AM by LEN WOOD.)
The EvoCoat is the controller/interface for the SM WokaJet-440 Liquid Fuel HVOF System.

I'm sure Simon can elaborate further especially about the integrated "EvoLink" - Smart gun technology"

Come on Simon tell us more about it - we're all curious!!! What's it do; why; where; how and what's it got over the competition???????

Many other Industry processes are moving towards smarter, accessible, self reporting and faster responding systems. Like the Laser systems that email the service agent to tell them that a service is required and the Profile cutting machines that can be accessed by the OEM and 'troubleshot', software updated, etc; remotely from other side of the world via the internet. If TS Systems had this capacity then we would see greater production, efficiency and subsequently less downtime and frustration.

The machines are moving into AI and becoming self sustaining - I suppose we've all seen the movies about what happens next! LOL
08-13-2009, 02:34 PM,
Sorry for the delay in response, I've not been into the forum for a while and was expecting to be contacted directly.

The EvoCoat is the next generation of gun / controller interface.

The EvoCoat ™ -LF is a new liquid fuel controller which is used in conjunction with EvoLink ™ intelligent gun technology built into the thermal spray gun. This is a measurement electronics and data storage system. This would be used in conjunction with the Twin-140-H volumetric powder feeder or the 5MPE-HP fluidic powder feeder.

The guns offered at this stage with the EvoLink ™ are the proven WokaJet 440 and WokaStar 640.

The primary benefits are that the data aquisition is performed at the gun rather than at the controller, and that the historical data stays on the gun (type, serial numbers, hardware version information, production information, operating hourse, ignitions counter, callibration data etc).

This allows unparalleled accuracy and repeatability with the critical gun parameters being measured at the gun and the process gases controlled using mass flowmeters. With available trending and reporting tools you can keep your process on track and in control.

The controller has an intuitive touch screen interface with storage for up to 100 recipes and a sophisticated mult-level alarm system with build in diagnostics.

This system is offered in a matrix from a value package to allow keen pricing into the market through to a performance package with additional options.

Another highly significant advantage for this system is that it allows a 12 second start up cycle to full stabilisation - this is 70% faster than other systems on the market. Based on fifty start cycles a day and 250 operating days a year this will save 100 production hours, ~2,500,000 litres of Oxygen and 264 gallons of Kerosene a year. (specific calculations based on a standard set of parameters).

There we go, was that sufficiently informative without being a full-on sales pitch? If anybody would like further information please don't hesitate to contact me and I'll either respond to you directly or via your local Sulzer Metco representative - and it will be a quick response I promise!
Simon Hiiemae
Sulzer Metco (UK) Ltd
01633 488 091
emailaddressisSimon.Hiiemae@Sulzer.com
08-16-2009, 01:15 PM,
Cheers Simon