Help!!
06-02-2020, 09:34 AM,
Help!!
Hi Guys, i am new to this forum.

I have a problem with my metco 16e, flame spray gun and equipment!! i recently purchased a new gun from oerlikon (standard set up) along with the 4gf meter. i used to use a old gas flow meter and had no problems, but now can't seem to get the gas flows right. Before i chuck any more money at the problem, i am hoping that someone, could help me out or no if anyone services/repairs in the south west?

oxy/act setup
zinc wire 1\8

TIA Paul
06-03-2020, 02:38 PM,
RE: Help!!
(06-02-2020, 09:34 AM)paulwaines Wrote: Hi Guys, i am new to this forum.

I have a problem with my metco 16e, flame spray gun and equipment!! i recently purchased a new gun from oerlikon (standard set up) along with the 4gf meter. i used to use a old gas flow meter and had no problems, but now can't seem to get the gas flows right. Before i chuck any more money at the problem, i am hoping that someone, could help me out or no if anyone services/repairs in the south west?

oxy/act setup
zinc wire 1\8

TIA Paul

Hi Paul,

It is possible to loose more pressure on the new equipment comparing with the old one. Tray to increase the oxygen and acetylene pressure.

Ion
06-04-2020, 04:41 PM,
RE: Help!!
(06-03-2020, 02:38 PM)plasmajet1990 Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 09:34 AM)paulwaines Wrote: Hi Guys, i am new to this forum.

oxy/act setup
zinc wire 1\8

TIA Paul

Hi Paul,

It is possible to loose more pressure on the new equipment comparing with the old one. Tray to increase the oxygen and acetylene pressure.

Ion

Hi Ion,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried adjusting the pressure on both gases but struggle to light the gun with the gas raised.
The gun will only light with low pressure and then needs adjusting once lit, which is not ideal when spraying away from the setup! The problems started when we fitted the new gasflow reg. Didn't have problems before old one. Can't believe that there are not many people about who repairs/service or set up in England!!

Paul