Original nozzles vs. self-made nozzles
04-24-2008, 05:57 AM,
Original nozzles vs. self-made nozzles
If we use normal copper to fabricate nozzles (i.e. arc spray gun nozzle, JP-5000 gun), instead of purchase original one, is there any difference in coating properties? The self-made nozzle life span sure much more shorter than original one. Thanks.
04-24-2008, 08:56 PM,
RE: Original nozzles vs. self-made nozzles
try these guys (link dead)
powerman Wrote:If we use normal copper to fabricate nozzles (i.e. arc spray gun nozzle, JP-5000 gun), instead of purchase original one, is there any difference in coating properties? The self-made nozzle life span sure much more shorter than original one. Thanks.
04-25-2008, 07:50 AM,
Hi, powermann!
Four years ago we decided to make the nozzles (4´´) for gun JP-5000 ourselves. We have made the chemistry analyse of their material. It is a pure copper - 99,99% Cu. We have measured the dimension of the nozzle - seems is a little conical. The main problem was the surface roughness - is about Ra 0,01. We produced a special superfinishing tool for ID. Our final product was identity copy to original nozzle. During spraying we don´t knew a difference between copy and original in durability and quality of sprayed layer.
This is my experience with self-made nozzles...
04-28-2008, 10:55 PM,
hello everybody
may be there are others factors which could make your nozzles life for both original ones or self-made ones shorter.
I think to interconnectors,even original ones sometimes the holes of the injectors powder are not identique ,that means your spraying is not exactlly in the axe of the nozzle and that can damage it earlier
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM,
Hi Powerman, Thought I would give my two cents!!

OEM torch and gun parts usually have some critical dimensions which if not kept within tolerance can affect the coating quality. Reverse engineering a part and only applying a generic tolerance based on the geometry of one part leaves a chance that the torch performance may be affected.

If you proceed down this route then it would be a good idea to do a measurement survey on a number of conforming OEM parts and base your manufacturing tolerances on the spread of the measurement results.

Also for the JP5000 the surface roughness is important.
05-05-2008, 01:27 AM,
thanks for your help. :>
05-11-2008, 10:02 AM,
tolerance is wide sallors service is happy but buyer ones are not
since I modified my powder injectors in order to make them die exactlly in the internal diameter of the interconnector my nozzle during life is double
05-11-2008, 05:17 PM,
hvofhamid Wrote:tolerance is wide sallors service is happy but buyer ones are not
since I modified my powder injectors in order to make them die exactlly in the internal diameter of the interconnector my nozzle during life is double

I d ont know why they don t usinate the holes of powder injectors in mode mirror ,surelly for commercial reasons

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F4 nozzles 6 mm and 8 mm. Application differences uncle_tyoma 2 2,624 09-12-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Coatingmate_Thomas
  Non Loading Nozzles RV_DMG 1 3,008 08-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Gordon
  Consumables for cylinder block made of grey cast A_Hanert 2 4,113 06-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Last Post: A_Hanert
Sad different nozzles of a spray gun can be used for the same coatings? fhyuan 2 5,477 05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Last Post: hvofhamid