Self Healing TBCs
02-10-2008, 01:23 PM,
Self Healing TBCs
Last summer I found an article about Boron added ZrO2 Self - Healing (SH) TBC and read it carefully, then extracted, from conclusions, that an amorphous film of Boron compound in that YSZ - TBC provides self healing in such temperatures 1300, 1350 oC. Not only the Boron, several elements and compounds have this property and the amorphous films exist at different temperatures.

I searched the forum but couldn't find exactly, thus I need some help about SH TBCs and SH mechanism. I'm working on that as a materials design homework and would be pleased for any help.

Regards,
Nurettin
Nurettin ARIKAN
02-14-2008, 05:04 PM,
RE: Self Healing TBCs
Hi Nurettin

Sounds an interesting project. Wish I could help. Is the formation of borosilicate glassy phases involved?

(link dead) was all I could find freely.
02-14-2008, 08:58 PM,
RE: Self Healing TBCs
Gordon Wrote:Hi Nurettin

Sounds an interesting project. Wish I could help. Is the formation of borosilicate glassy phases involved?

(link dead) was all I could find freely.

Thanks Sir, you know right that glassy Borosilicate phase provides self - healing of TBC between 1300 - 1350 .C (I read it on an article, maybe on the Journal of Thermal Spray) but I need further information as; any different phases or elements addiction to YSZ TBC provides SH? Do you know any books or publications about that?

Regards,
Nurettin ARIKAN