Pressure Regulators?
12-29-2015, 02:07 PM,
Pressure Regulators?
Hello Everyone,

I got one used diamondjet 2700 air cooled system & one flame spray 12 E type gun with very cheaper prices. Very happy to get these in to my coating facility, that will be add on to my arc spray services.

When I contacted suppliers for pressure regulators for my these equipment I came across with some questions for which I do not have any answer. I need help here to suggest me on these question please-

1. 12E gun Acetylene regulator - what stage of regulator single or 02 stage?
2. 12E gun Air regulator - what stage of regulator single or 2 stage?
3. 12E gun Oxygen regulator - what stage of regulator single of 2 stage?
4. Max. inlet pressure capacities for all these 03 gases?
5. Diamondjet HVOF - What stage of regulator single or 2 stage for all gases?

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Deny
12-31-2015, 08:57 AM,
RE: Pressure Regulators?
Hi Deny,

We are using single stage regulators for our Diamond jet but a double stage regulator is also possible. The difference is that with a double stage there are two steps for reducing the pressure and perhaps more accurate and less sensitive for pressure fluctuations and thus fluctuations in your flow. It also depends on costs what you want to spend!

Anyway I would recommend use a quality regulator with an inlet filter because sometimes there can be dirt in the gas or in the gas line during exchange and you do not want this dirt into your flow tubes.

For inlet pressures I can send you a sheet to your e-mail is much easier!

regards,
Joris

(12-29-2015, 02:07 PM)DanielOliveira Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I got one used diamondjet 2700 air cooled system & one flame spray 12 E type gun with very cheaper prices. Very happy to get these in to my coating facility, that will be add on to my arc spray services.

When I contacted suppliers for pressure regulators for my these equipment I came across with some questions for which I do not have any answer. I need help here to suggest me on these question please-

1. 12E gun Acetylene regulator - what stage of regulator single or 02 stage?
2. 12E gun Air regulator - what stage of regulator single or 2 stage?
3. 12E gun Oxygen regulator - what stage of regulator single of 2 stage?
4. Max. inlet pressure capacities for all these 03 gases?
5. Diamondjet HVOF - What stage of regulator single or 2 stage for all gases?

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Deny

12-31-2015, 03:19 PM,
Hello Joris Kraak,

Many thanks for your useful reply! Please send me this sheet to deny-12@hotmail.com

Thanks again

Deny
01-03-2016, 05:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 05:34 AM by Johnny_Blaze.)
One thing I would like to add from a safety point of view.

Two stage regulators are much safer than single stage regulators, especially when working with Acetylene. With a single stage regulator there is only one diaphragm separating full tank pressure from the nozzle of the gun, if the diaphragm fails, it's immediately full flow at tank pressure at the nozzle of the gun.

When using 2 stage regulators, if the first diaphragm fails, the second diaphragm impedes the full flow of tank pressure at the nozzle, so it really comes down to a safety factor above cost.

Regards,
J.B.
11-04-2022, 02:07 PM,
All gases go through different stages of the regulator as they are used in various applications. Single-stage regulators work best with air, while 2 Stage regulators are typically better suited for gas such as oxygen and nitrogen. The type of regulator is usually based on the pressure range at which the particular gas needs to be regulated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hopper Pressure Lower than Gun Pressure devinrist 4 6,904 01-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Johnny_Blaze
  regulators Dredgies 3 4,436 04-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Last Post: PPSABoyce