Mix wire feeding with ArcSpray
04-16-2015, 07:44 PM,
Mix wire feeding with ArcSpray
Hi SEF member,

Is anyone know what is the properties of mix feeding Metcoloy 2 and Metco8222 wire?is Anyone try it ? (420 stainless and High Crome C ) I want to learn hardness, bonding properties.

We did some specimens 1 mm coat mix feeding Metcoloy2+SM8222 ,it was visually very good, grinding superfinish was good. Wa want to apply this coating on hard bearing surface and some economicly alternative of CrC/NiCr HVOF.

04-22-2015, 11:34 PM,
RE: Mix wire feeding with ArcSpray
Hi Met.Eng
if you need an alternative for CrC/NiCr, try with Tafa 95MXC, Mec 273 or Armacore M, are chiper respect to Metco materials, and have very good performances, I try with a mix of materials, you could see the result of an arc spray wire mix, using two different colors wire, like bronce and copper, there is not uniformity of material, you can see the two colors in the coating.
Best regards
Luigi
04-25-2015, 07:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 11:17 PM by Met.Eng..)
Hi Luigi,

thanks for your answer. when The hard core wires spray the porosity is much higher than solid one. We checked some examples when we spray high crome Core wires for example 8222 porosity is min %10-15. When we mix core and solid wires we "decreased" porosity. But i want to know what is the metallurgical properties. I wondered if anyone work on the issue.
04-27-2015, 10:25 PM,
Hi
MET.ENG,
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT????, you are spoken about an economic material, so I indicated alternatives materials
Best regards
Luigi
04-28-2015, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 11:14 PM by Met.Eng..)
Hi Luigi,

thanks for your answer. when The hard core wires spray the porosity is much higher than solid one. We checked some examples when we spray high crome Core wires for example 8222 porosity is min %10-15. When we mix core and solid wires we "decreased" porosity. But i want to know what is the metallurgical properties. I wondered if anyone work on the issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  twin wire arc spraying equipment for stainless steel wire, monel wire, etc. technovel 6 12,850 08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Last Post: adam wintle