Poll: are You understand me?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
0%
0 0%
no
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

coating problems on spheres
02-27-2014, 09:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 12:30 AM by Victor Rubio.)
coating problems on spheres
Hello colleaguesShy,

We have problems to coating some spheres (Co-Cr-Mo material) with METCO 131VF (alumina-titania powder), we need build a system where we mount the spheres and then apply the coating, but we dont know:

The rotational frecuency RPM to sphere and traverse speed which the robot should be moved? because to sphere diameters is so small (0.75") and we need apply 200 micrometers thick.

How affect exposition time plasma on sphere?

Somebody know how much material remove the grid blasting process,if i use a alumina mesh 40?

i never saw a problem like this, i see in others thread where talk about coating on cylindrical forms but never on spheres, and with that diameter (very small).

I see in other thread with the name " WC-Co16 coating problem enquiry" the administrator suggest 5 points or steps for solution the problem with rotating pieces (cylindrical only) but i wonder how can apply that method or steps on my problem.

This is the link of the thread mentioned above:

http://www.gordonengland.co.uk/sef/Threa...em-enquiry

i am open for all suggestions or comments.

my regards from mexico friends.Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HVOF Coating Problems Ajay29 7 1,773 10-03-2022, 05:58 PM
Last Post: loriolo
  Problems to coat small spheres with APS Victor Rubio 9 8,777 03-19-2014, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Victor Rubio
  Problems with aluminium-silicon coating gasper 6 16,175 05-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Last Post: gasper
Question Coating of lead spheres Headland 11 17,541 10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Gordon