How much hearing loss can listening to an ipod for 1 hour at full volume cause?
03-20-2013, 09:57 AM,
How much hearing loss can listening to an ipod for 1 hour at full volume cause?
Hello Everybody,

Would it cause permanent hearing loss? Would it cause hearing loss significant enough for you to notice it? I'm doing a report on ipods and hearing loss in teens, but I can't seem to find any data on hearing loss per hour. Please Help! I only listen to my ipod about 1/5 the volume and not for long periods of time, will I experience hearing loss?

Thank You
Vicky Milza

03-28-2013, 02:23 PM,
RE: How much hearing loss can listening to an ipod for 1 hour at full volume cause?
Hello Vicky, i am not a doctor nor any consultant but i myself have done some research on this subject. What i learned was not very disturbing but still, it was dangerous. Full volume does tremble your ear drums but it does not destroy it completely. Anything like this for a long time will be effective and harmful. Though what I know is you want get hearing loss but hearing low will start occurring. You will not hear the words or talk of people clearly and in older age you might get deaf. Anything too much is harmful, rather than one must be into workouts. Teens must be into sports like surfboard, football volleyball and stuff, rather than pushing forward on listening to high volume music and destroying themselves.
Astih