Mixing powder and Time duration for sieve shaker??????????
10-13-2011, 07:54 AM,
Mixing powder and Time duration for sieve shaker??????????
I want mix to three powder together and want to spray by APS.

I am just worried about sieving. I understand I need to sieve the powder to get exact particle size. First of all I am thinking to sieve all this three powder and then mix this three powder by using ball milling.After mixing i think mixing powder will be in different particle range.
So I think I need to sieve this mix powder again.

Do you think I am correct?

How long I need to put powder in the sieve shaker to get exact particle range and also what about vibration (how much percentage) of shaker?

Thanks a lot.

Please help me.
10-14-2011, 01:07 AM,
RE: Mixing powder and Time duration for sieve shaker??????????
If you are making a blend of these three materials and require a certain size range, I recommend screening the materials individually first and then blending by weight.

By no means would I ball mill the powders. Deformation and particle break down may occur and the resultant material may be difficult to feed.
10-14-2011, 01:11 AM,
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Do you mean use the ball milling without ball, just to mix it?

What about sieving time. How long I need to put powder in sieve shaker? Can anyone answer this question.

Thanks a lot.

10-18-2011, 01:31 AM,
Just mix it, do not use a ball.

Sieve time depends on material volume, particle size distribution and system design.
10-18-2011, 01:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2011, 11:50 PM by fahad03092.)
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Are their any average time duration for sieve shaker?

10-24-2011, 11:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2011, 11:54 PM by fahad03092.)
I request someone to give me a opportunity to use the ball milling to mix my ceramic powder. But they deny it. They afraid of contamination of their jar by my ceramic powder. Now how can I solve this problem? Anyone have any idea?

Please help me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powder stabilization time and coating time limit nicholasktc 1 1,840 06-25-2020, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Lemster68
  Proper mixing of NiCrBSi with WC/Co Arturas 1 3,464 01-02-2014, 06:40 AM
Last Post: sprayjet
  After mixing, do we need to sieve the powder for plasma spray??? fahad03092 1 4,405 10-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Gordon