ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
07-24-2011, 08:25 AM,
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
Dear All,
I am just sharing a practical problem encountered while carrying out rebuilding of roller journals in a sugar plant.
Sugar plant is abode for hundreds of peigons and other type of birds in India. They make coating work whery difficult as they sit on the coated surface with Oil, grease which is detrimental. Though the top of the roller was covered with tarpoline, the problem persisted. Then I had a novel idea, I purchased a toy laser and engaged a boy to move around the job. This stopped birds coming near the job.
Thanks and Regards.
Vijay Deshpande[/b]
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM,
RE: ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
Fishing line has also proven to work in similar situations (try to get a darker color that is visible to the naked eye) . I've had to string a perimeter around the structural steel of a few different areas, and when the birds perceive that there is an obstruction in their flight path, but they can't make out clear boundaries they tend to avoid the area.
07-26-2011, 01:19 AM,
Painting a black shadow form of a flying falcon or hawk in a visible location will deter Columbiformes and passerines. Realistic models of raptors and owls work too, however some passerines and corvids will mob owls and their effigies. Some elaborate animated models are now available and very effective but they may not be as economical as a boy with a laser. Obviously the real thing works best but is not always practical or available.
Len Wood
METAL MONSTER LTD
BIGGER BETTER FASTER MORE!
Ph: +64 9 4730705
Fax: +64 9 4730706
Email:: len@metal-monster.com
www.metal-monster.com
07-26-2011, 02:08 AM,
Oh so that's why I was getting a lumpy coating Happy0193

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post