Mybb 1.6x Upgrade and Updates
01-24-2011, 06:11 PM,
Mybb 1.6x Upgrade and Updates
During Sunday and Monday I was busy upgrading the MyBB forum software from 1.4x series to 1.6x series. So, apologies for forum shut-down on Sunday and any strange behaviour.

On the face of it, you should not notice much that is different from before.

Add web videos to your posts - Support for Dailymotion, Google Video, MetaCafe, MySpace TV, Vimeo, Yahoo Video, and YouTube is directly included, videos to be inserted in posts with just the click of a button.

Thread prefixes - Forums can easily get cluttered with large numbers of uncategorised threads. With the new thread prefixes feature in MyBB 1.6, users can select from pre-defined prefixes specific to individual forums. Not got round to defining many - suggestions welcome Wink

Post and vote in polls Updated - you can easily add a poll to any thread, allowing readers to vote for one or multiple options. Polls can be limited to a certain number of options, and can be set to close after a certain number of days. New in MyBB 1.6 is the ability to remove, or "undo," your vote in a poll. This allows you to change your vote for a poll at any time while the poll is still open.

Quote multiple posts in a single post, easily - While MyBB offers a standard reply functionality for posts, also included is an advanced "multi-quote" system to quote multiple posts in a single reply. Quoting a post - or posts - is as easy as clicking the add quote button beneath every post, then loading quoted posts in quick reply or proceeding to the new reply page. Posts can even be selected from other threads and used in separate replies or new threads.

Search private messages - with MyBB 1.6, you can now quickly find a message using the quick search, or a more specific set of messages using the advanced search options. Both allow you to find exactly the message you're looking for as quickly as possible, and present an easy to follow set of results that include a snippet of each message.

Rate users multiple times Updated - Ever since it was introduced, MyBB's reputation system has offered the ability to give individual a negative, neutral, or positive rating, as well as leave a comment to explain the rating. But these ratings could only be given once. In MyBB 1.6, it is now possible to rate a single user multiple times, leaving a number of comments on their reputation report. It is also now possible to remove the ability to give negative ratings.

During this update I have also fixed (touch wood) the problem with uploading attachments to posts. This was primarily due to an old plugin which I was reluctant to change until now.

It was also necessary to change text character collation on the database from Latin 1 to UTF8 which was the most difficult and time consuming part of this upgrade Mad0223 This may have corrupted a few special text characters in some old posts. I have not had time to thoroughly check, but if you find any please let me know and I will try to edit them.
02-25-2011, 02:17 AM,
RE: Mybb 1.6x Upgrade and Updates
Upgraded forum today to Mybb 1.6.2.
04-21-2011, 01:39 PM,
Upgraded forum today to MyBB 1.6.3.
04-25-2011, 06:27 AM,
(04-21-2011, 01:39 PM)Gordon Wrote: Upgraded forum today to MyBB 1.6.3.

Looking good. Keep up the good work.

05-21-2012, 07:16 AM,
If you find the change in poster info, now horizontal on top of post not to your liking, you can change this back to being vertical on left hand side. Go to your User CP -> Edit Options and tick "Display posts in classic mode".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Pencil Forum Upgrade Gordon 1 3,440 09-18-2020, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Stephen Booth
  Forum Software Updates MyBB 1.4x Gordon 15 31,653 01-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Gordon