distances for diferent coating
12-30-2006, 11:22 AM,
distances for diferent coating
hello everybody
I m used to spray carbide on jp 5000.and have no problems for parameters.but if once I have to spray other materiels.I wonder if i have to change all parameters,or only distance and nozzle.thanks for ur reply
01-02-2007, 04:56 PM,
RE: distances for diferent coating
Hi hvofhamid

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

I think you may also need to make changes to parameters like powder spray rate, carrier gas flow, oxygen and fuel flows etc. Some materials may have similar settings, but is always worth checking first.
01-02-2007, 09:40 PM,
Gordon Wrote:Hi hvofhamid

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

I think you may also need to make changes to parameters like powder spray rate, carrier gas flow, oxygen and fuel flows etc. Some materials may have similar settings, but is always worth checking first.
hi dear gordon :thanks for replying me,but may I ask you about inco and plasma ,i ll be grateful to read you .may be i ll need to pre coat soon some reparations witch need a large thikness and can t use only carbide.thanks again and forgive my bad english
01-03-2007, 01:16 AM,
Hi hvofhamid

Not sure whether I understand your post. Is your question similar to what is discussed in crack in WC/Co thread?
01-03-2007, 09:32 AM,
Gordon Wrote:Hi hvofhamid

Not sure whether I understand your post. Is your question similar to what is discussed in crack in WC/Co thread?

good morning GORDON
not exactly my question is about distances nozle -substrat and parameters i have to change for plasma and inconel coatings ,i think but i m not sure that 100mm for plasma and short gun
for WC/Co I USE 385mm and i have nice coating .I can coat till 2 mm without problem. but in the future i ll have to repear some pistons for petrol vans and if they need more than 2 mm i ll have to pre-coat with inconel before carbide .I ll be happy if you can tell me witch parameters i have to change.(for info I use jp 5000)thank you
01-03-2007, 07:16 PM,
Hi hvofhamid

Little confused by your use of the term "plasma". I will assume you mean JP5000 HVOF. Which Inconel powder do you wish to spray? I don't think I have JP5000 parameter information handy. I'm sure if you post details of the inconel powder, someone should be able to guide you with parameters, or contact Tafa/Praxair or your powder supplier for information.
01-04-2007, 06:48 AM,
Hi gordon
i realise that my technic english is really bad.eventhough thank you very much for help.i Couldn t explain exactlly what i want ,but i learn a lot in your forum.thanks again to have te idea to creat it