Recycling excess splatter.
10-24-2013, 06:08 PM,
Recycling excess splatter.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to collect spatter left over from tungsten carbide spraying. the stuff is pretty expensive and useful so id like to recycle or re purpose it somehow.
10-25-2013, 03:28 PM,
RE: Recycling excess splatter.
I collect the chunks the build up on my masking materials and save them in a barrel. When I get a good amount, I contact some recyclers, and they purchase it. I even get recyclers coming to me asking for my overspray.
10-25-2013, 06:01 PM,
(10-25-2013, 03:28 PM)djewell Wrote: I collect the chunks the build up on my masking materials and save them in a barrel. When I get a good amount, I contact some recyclers, and they purchase it. I even get recyclers coming to me asking for my overspray.

sounds about right, how do you remove the over spray from the jigs? i was thinking of using something like aluminum or mdf and then just melting it down or burning it off to keep the tungsten. but perhaps there is a coating or a material that the over spray will be less likely to stick to?
10-25-2013, 07:34 PM,
I break it off with a hammer if necessary. Most of the time, though, it falls off on its own when it reaches a certain thickness.