Mathematical Optimization Methods and Software in Engineering
07-10-2009, 12:05 PM,
Mathematical Optimization Methods and Software in Engineering
Dear all,

I would like to inform you about the new non-commercial project devoted to mathematical optimization mehtods in engineering:

[link dead]

The site is under construction, however, I would be happy in case of your active participation at this project Smile

Thank you very much for your attention !
07-10-2009, 05:06 PM,
RE: Mathematical Optimization Methods and Software in Engineering
Hi Amid

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.
07-13-2009, 04:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2009, 04:42 AM by Amid.)
(07-10-2009, 05:06 PM)Gordon Wrote: Hi Amid

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

Hi Gordon !
Thank you very much !
I'm not really an expert in the field of surface engineering, but I find this area very interesting. I'm rather computational matematician with speical interests in mathematical optimization, computational mechanics, and differential equations. Also no real experiences with surface engineering Sad

Anyway I find surface engineering very interesting for computational mathematicians like me Smile
May be you could give some basic tutorial about the computational problems around surface engineering for my start-up site (link dead) ? just basically summarize problems you would like to compute as surface engineer...

From my side, I coud give some graphical tutorials about state of the art in mathematical optimization and numerical computing as well as in computational algebra in this forum (in the field of computational algebra, to my knowledge, there are some some interesting things which can be applied to surface engineering, in my opinion)
08-21-2010, 07:52 AM,
There are many Mathematical Optimization Methods and Software used in Engineering Thanks for making us aware about this site i have seen the site and i think that when it would complete i would get a lot from this ..
05-20-2016, 10:17 AM,
The presence of constraints and their character is very important for the choice of the strategy. The constrained problem typically possess the sharp maximum in a corner of the permitted domain while the smooth unconstrained function reaches its maximum in a stationary point.
Stochastic optimization deals with noise in measurements or uncertainty of some factors in the model. The optimization process should account for possibly non accurate data (click here to see an example). Here, the goal may be to maximize the expected gain or to maximize the probability of the high profit.
Another approach asks to play the game: Design versus Uncertainty, considering for the worst possible scenario. Find here an example of such game.
Structural Optimization is an interesting and tricky class of optimization problem. It is characterized by a large number of variables that represent the shape of the design and and stiffness of the available materials.
The control is the layout of the materials in the volume of the structure.
06-25-2021, 08:37 PM,
Gordon England shared an amazing 3d tech post with us, I wanted to gather information about it, this post has helped me a lot in gathering information my friends also wanted to know about it. I will share this post with them too.
02-25-2022, 06:20 AM,
The presence of imperatives and their personality is vital for the decision of the technique. The obliged issue ordinarily have the sharp greatest in a side of the allowed area while the smooth unconstrained capacity arrives at its most extreme in a fixed point.
Stochastic streamlining manages commotion in estimations or vulnerability of certain variables in the model.
07-26-2022, 07:11 AM,
I'm also not an expert in surface engineering, but I also find the field interesting. Hope everyone here gets the information they want. https://fyitester.com/for-sale/ir-dyeing...ne-rhs-24/
08-10-2023, 03:54 PM,
You mention that buying business email leads can be beneficial for increasing sales. These leads provide information about potential customers, such as ownership, sales volume, number of employees, and location. This information can be used to target specific audiences with relevant products or services.
08-17-2023, 06:48 PM,
Engaging with fellow engineers and discussing various optimization techniques broadens my understanding of their real-world applications. The shared insights and recommendations for software tools enhance my ability to tackle complex engineering challenges. Grateful for this community that fosters knowledge exchange and fuels my passion for optimizing solutions in the engineering realm.
08-24-2023, 08:45 PM,
Exploring the discussion on mathematical optimization methods and software in engineering has been insightful. As a student, grasping these concepts is vital. To make the learning journey smoother, I've discovered the assistance of resources like personal writers Their guidance and support significantly alleviate the challenges of academic studies, helping to enhance my understanding.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yarn Count System And Test Methods fyitester 0 238 11-17-2023, 07:51 AM
Last Post: fyitester
  Problem solved Twist Test Methods and Influencing Factors fyitester 0 203 11-07-2023, 03:04 AM
Last Post: fyitester