what books to study
12-13-2018, 09:00 AM,
Bell  what books to study
Hello everyone,

It might be a weird question posted here but I still want to get your opinions Smile

What knowledge should one acquire if one is determined to work on HVOF/HVAF thermal spraying.

PEACE Toungue
12-13-2018, 10:37 PM,
RE: what books to study
(12-13-2018, 09:00 AM)devil72 Wrote: Hello everyone,

It might be a weird question posted here but I still want to get your opinions Smile

What knowledge should one acquire if one is determined to work on HVOF/HVAF thermal spraying.

PEACE Toungue

What do you mean by "work on HVOF/HVAF thermal spraying" ?
Actually spraying and working everyday with equipment or studying coating formation processes, thermodynamics and so on.
A good place to start for theoretical knowledge would be articles from, for example, sciencedirect.com
12-14-2018, 04:17 AM,
@sprayloud, thanks for your reply.
I want to both study the theory and practically operate the equipment (not always though).

I have read many many articles and papers and I already have basic understanding of coating and hyper-sonic thermal spray.

But to get a more complete knowledge, I think I'd better turn to books than just read articles.

You indeed gave me an idea, I will look into thermodynamics. Smile Thanks!

(12-13-2018, 10:37 PM)sprayloud Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 09:00 AM)devil72 Wrote: Hello everyone,

PEACE Toungue

What do you mean by "work on HVOF/HVAF thermal spraying" ?
Actually spraying and working everyday with equipment or studying coating formation processes, thermodynamics and so on.
A good place to start for theoretical knowledge would be articles from, for example, sciencedirect.com

12-14-2018, 03:34 PM,
Hi,

If you have not done so already, join ASM and TSS. Get a copy of ASM handbook volume 5A, Thermal Spray Technology.
11-26-2023, 06:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 09:37 AM by Fred15.)
Thanks for advice! But to be honest, I don’t always have the opportunity and time to study or do homework. Therefore, I often use the services like https://www.typingservice.org/ with which I can reformat and edit text of any level of complexity. With a text conversion service, you can not only edit content, but also use automatic spelling and syntax checking to help you avoid text errors. It is very comfortable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possibility Study to use Stellite - 306 Bond Coat for 75Cr3C2 -25NiCr Top Coat -Reg sreenuvundela 2 5,941 09-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Last Post: sreenuvundela
  Mechanical Books andrewstaflin 1 4,120 04-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Gordon
  Thermodynamics Books mr-engineer 2 4,514 03-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Intel55