what books to study
12-13-2018, 09:00 AM,
Bell  what books to study
Hello everyone,

It might be a weird question posted here but I still want to get your opinions Smile

What knowledge should one acquire if one is determined to work on HVOF/HVAF thermal spraying.

PEACE Toungue
12-13-2018, 10:37 PM,
RE: what books to study
(12-13-2018, 09:00 AM)devil72 Wrote: Hello everyone,

It might be a weird question posted here but I still want to get your opinions Smile

What knowledge should one acquire if one is determined to work on HVOF/HVAF thermal spraying.

PEACE Toungue

What do you mean by "work on HVOF/HVAF thermal spraying" ?
Actually spraying and working everyday with equipment or studying coating formation processes, thermodynamics and so on.
A good place to start for theoretical knowledge would be articles from, for example, sciencedirect.com
12-14-2018, 04:17 AM,
@sprayloud, thanks for your reply.
I want to both study the theory and practically operate the equipment (not always though).

I have read many many articles and papers and I already have basic understanding of coating and hyper-sonic thermal spray.

But to get a more complete knowledge, I think I'd better turn to books than just read articles.

You indeed gave me an idea, I will look into thermodynamics. Smile Thanks!

(12-13-2018, 10:37 PM)sprayloud Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 09:00 AM)devil72 Wrote: Hello everyone,

PEACE Toungue

What do you mean by "work on HVOF/HVAF thermal spraying" ?
Actually spraying and working everyday with equipment or studying coating formation processes, thermodynamics and so on.
A good place to start for theoretical knowledge would be articles from, for example, sciencedirect.com

12-14-2018, 03:34 PM,
Hi,

If you have not done so already, join ASM and TSS. Get a copy of ASM handbook volume 5A, Thermal Spray Technology.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possibility Study to use Stellite - 306 Bond Coat for 75Cr3C2 -25NiCr Top Coat -Reg sreenuvundela 2 4,642 09-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Last Post: sreenuvundela
  Mechanical Books andrewstaflin 1 3,119 04-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Gordon
  Thermodynamics Books mr-engineer 2 3,387 03-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Intel55