tafa twin wire units
10-24-2008, 06:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2008, 06:15 AM by heidesign.)
tafa twin wire units
We may be inheriting two tafa twin wire units. I currently am looking for a metco 14e (e-h)setup for mobile usage or a equiv. setup( open to good options). I would like to sell one of the units when they come in. As a small art fabrication shop we will not need two. I may consider monetary/equipment trade.

Are there interests here for such items?

I would like to also find reasonable ($) source in the US for silicon bronze, #1s.s., #4s.s. bond coat, copper, wire and powders for these items,and for our teradyn powder s/u.

Now pardon my ignorance, but am I correct thinking a 12E-14E metco or equ. oxyfuel wire s/u would be best for our semi mobile work.

Most of our work is fabricated 304 s.s. or 3000 series aluminum sculptures. Ranging from 1'-20' tall and 1'-15'long.

New guy, so please be easy on me.Sad

Thanks,

Bill
10-24-2008, 08:30 PM,
RE: tafa twin wire units
Hi Bill

Quote:Now pardon my ignorance, but am I correct thinking a 12E-14E metco or equ. oxyfuel wire s/u would be best for our semi mobile work.

I think so, quite portable, except perhaps compressed air supply. Along with arc, combustion powder, the addition of combustion wire process should just about complete your set of thermal spray artist brush tools Big Grin
10-24-2008, 10:45 PM,
Ok, Now I am working a deal with an old friend that wants to trade one of my large sculptures for two Tafa 8830's. Both units have less than 100 hours. Very light use. I know because I am the only one to have used them. What would these be worth to a dealer? I just inheareted two, maybe three 12e's and the stuff to run them. I am looking for a 185 cfm diesel compressor to use on mobile setup. Would anyone be interested in buying the Tafa units if I do the deal? I will take about 1-1.5months to make the sculptures. Very expensive. Just not sure what to do. I may have a few local machine shops and or foundries that might be interested, but At the same time I may be shooting my self in the foot by loosing the biz. from them also.

IDEAS?

HEllo.

Bill
10-25-2008, 06:27 AM,
I think used arc spraying equipment is difficult to find, so I consider it hot item. I am not sure of the selling price, would expect about 50% of current selling price might be a good starting point.

Maybe ebay or similar would be a good deal
10-25-2008, 11:05 PM,
I have been doing research on the subject. I am very interested in getting setup with a very reliable thermal arc system. I am open to suggestions. I am looking into a system supplied by a company called toparc. Praxair also has a system (bp400). I would rather not setup to do in our shop, due to the amount of dust and other monetary/health related concerns I have. WOuld anyone care to elaborate on the optimal setup for coating out of doors?

Bill
10-28-2008, 06:23 PM,
Hi Bill

Quote:I would rather not setup to do in our shop, due to the amount of dust and other monetary/health related concerns I have. WOuld anyone care to elaborate on the optimal setup for coating out of doors?

To be honest, the only advantage in moving outside, is removing the problems from shop floor. You still need to deal with many of the same problems outside, with a few additional ones like the weather and much less controllable environment. You should also think about the effects on the local population and environment. You need to careful that you are not simply moving the problem into some else's back garden Happy0193 I would really only consider spraying outside, if there was no other viable option.
11-11-2008, 09:33 PM,
I can set you up with the powders and wires. email me and let me know
charlesfelchak@sbcglobal.net
04-08-2009, 04:27 PM,
(10-24-2008, 10:45 PM)heidesign Wrote: Ok, Now I am working a deal with an old friend that wants to trade one of my large sculptures for two Tafa 8830's.

Email sent
06-04-2009, 11:54 AM,
We can sell Metco 14E type Flame spray and TAFA 8830 type Arcspray unit.
06-04-2009, 07:36 PM,
I can offer you a completely mobile spray system. It includes a generator and air compressor which you can mount in the back of a truck or on a trailer, allowing you to drive to your job site and begin working right away. You can contact me via PM for details.
12-28-2009, 08:37 PM,
Hello Bill,
I would be interested in one or both of these 8830 units. I would need to know the supply voltage and the Hz. I also need to know the max output voltage and amps. I would also like digital photos.

I am a reseller so my price would be lower than the actual worth on the open market for us to make a profit. It however would put cash in your hands immediately.
my email is uts@wolfnet.net
Allen Hildebrand
Universal Thermal Services Inc
920-596-2983

(10-24-2008, 06:14 AM)heidesign Wrote: We may be inheriting two tafa twin wire units. I currently am looking for a metco 14e (e-h)setup for mobile usage or a equiv. setup( open to good options). I would like to sell one of the units when they come in. As a small art fabrication shop we will not need two. I may consider monetary/equipment trade.

Are there interests here for such items?

I would like to also find reasonable ($) source in the US for silicon bronze, #1s.s., #4s.s. bond coat, copper, wire and powders for these items,and for our teradyn powder s/u.

Now pardon my ignorance, but am I correct thinking a 12E-14E metco or equ. oxyfuel wire s/u would be best for our semi mobile work.

Most of our work is fabricated 304 s.s. or 3000 series aluminum sculptures. Ranging from 1'-20' tall and 1'-15'long.

New guy, so please be easy on me.Sad

Thanks,

Bill
08-03-2010, 12:17 PM,
This article presents a new glass forming twin wire-arc thermal spray coating which is applicable to elevated temperature environments involving erosion and corrosion. When sprayed using conventional twin wire-arc spray technology, primarily amorphous coating is obtained containing an amorphous matrix with very small nanocrystalline precipitates that are less than 10 nm in size. The as-sprayed coating is found to be very hard and abrasion resistant. However, during elevated temperature exposure such as in coal-fired or biomass boiler environments, the coating may devitrify into fully nanocrystalline state consisting of α-Fe and M2(BC)1 phases. When this occurs the microhardness is found to increase dramatically by over 200 kg/mm2 which leads to an increase in abrasion resistance by a factor of 3.5 with an analogous increase in erosion resistance. Due to the significance of these beneficial changes in coating behavior, the kinetics of the devitrification transformation was investigated using isothermal experiments and modeled with classical nucleation theory. Predictive behavior was then enabled through the development of a time-temperature-transformation diagram to model the devitrification transformation under specific thermal exposures, which was additionally confirmed by experimentation.
12-01-2010, 04:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2011, 03:53 AM by deanaossenfo.)
"I think used arc spraying equipment is difficult to find, so I consider it hot item. I am not sure of the selling price, would expect about 50% of current selling price might be a good starting point. "

I agree with this, arc spraying equipment is really hard to find and when you find it the price is high.

01-25-2011, 05:31 PM,
I believe that only a laptop, except perhaps in compressed air. Together with the bow, the fuel, the combustion gases in addition to the management process would be the best drawing artist almost perfect thermal spraying position. I worked with a lot of an old friend who wants to trade one of two large sculptures Tafa 8830 's. Both units have less than 100 hours. Very light use. I know because I'm the one who used them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twin Wire Arc Spray Umek for Sale velocity 0 110 02-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: velocity
  AMST Twin Wire Arc Spray Systems Manju_AMST 0 1,638 07-01-2021, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Manju_AMST
  Tafa 8830 Twin Wire Spray System for Sale cincykids 0 3,960 12-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: cincykids
  Tafa 8830 wire delivery system and a litle by me! lefcos32 0 3,039 11-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Last Post: lefcos32
  Used JP5000 HVOF and Twin Wire Arc systems with chiller bsrao32 2 5,881 09-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Manish Choudhary
  Tafa wire PDEAZ 0 3,987 03-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Last Post: PDEAZ
  x, y traverse units pakalano 1 5,134 08-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 2DOGSTAR2
  Metco 5RG Arc Units adam wintle 0 2,977 08-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Last Post: adam wintle
  Wanted Sulzer Twin 10c powder feeder nickatbirmingham 2 8,999 04-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Last Post: 2DOGSTAR2