question about International Calls with calling Cards
09-24-2014, 03:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2014, 04:29 PM by maggi453.)
question about International Calls with calling Cards
HI Guys i am new here Does anyone have best recommendation for international calling , text, and data plan for international use at a reasonable price? I am a self-employed and am considering a road trip through Central and South America and need to be able to work on the road remotely and from anywhere.

Your feedback will help a lot.
09-25-2014, 06:18 AM,
RE: question about International Calls with calling Cards
calling cards are very easiest way to make abroad calls at affordable rate. It save your
money and provide your clear voice with no any hidden charge. Roaming internationally with data will be very cost prohibitive
GSM phones are the best system wise, you'll need an unlocked one, not a US system version
Normally when i travel I just buy a local sim card for calling - data networks will only be available in the major cities or tourist spots/towns
Wirless network points are getting pretty common, in most bars arround here in Bogota and coffe shops too.

If you want true independant connections -everywhere satelite is your only option and again costly depending on use
09-27-2014, 08:20 AM,
Direct 2nation provides the best international calling card service for the popular countries like India, Pakistan, SriLanka and other country. Try it.
10-01-2014, 07:01 PM,
Calling cards is the cheapest option for international calls, however they are mostly available in developed countries. It may be very difficult to find calling cards in Central and South America. And obviously you need a phone to use a calling card in anyway. Also, even with calling cards, it’s much cheaper to call overseas from US then call from overseas to US.
Assuming that you have unlocked cell phone and local SIM card you can use so called call back function of smart phone calling applications. Such applications can convent your outgoing call to US to incoming from US, so you pay USA or Canada price for calls. I use CiCi Mobile app from [link dead] (click on CiCi calling card and then on CiCi Mobile app). This app works well for me for all my trips. But again, it will save you on international long distance charges only. You still need to have a local SIM card and compatible cell phone.