plasma spraying on seal teeth
07-28-2015, 07:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015, 07:42 AM by marzal.)
plasma spraying on seal teeth
Dear All experts:
i have a question about spraying on seal teeth, i don't know how to locate the specimens(which used in metallographic test and tensile bond test), and if specimens are seated on the same locations as the seal teeth(with the same angle and same distance), the specimens won’t be sprayed in the whole surface because the width of the specimen is wider than the seal teeth, as the figure shown below:
the green line represent the coating, and there is no coating on the other part of the specimen.[Image: marzal460small.jpg]
07-31-2015, 06:07 PM,
RE: plasma spraying on seal teeth
Hi Marzal
I think that the specimen will be with the same geometry of the seal teeth, because in the seal coating there are a lot of unmelt particles and pour bond, so you can have the real conditions, about coating setting, you can use the same spray angle, but you must spray all the specimen surface.
Best regards
Luigi
08-03-2015, 07:13 AM,
thank you loriolo!Smile
as picture shown above, in order to spray the seal teeth, we must tune the spray angle to that location. and if we set the the specimen in the same angle as the seal teeth, the specimen almost horizontal, so it's difficult to spray the whole surface of the specimen. the width of the specimen is 20mm, and the width of the seal teeth at most 4mm.
08-09-2015, 03:04 PM,
If you have a six axis robotics systems, it must be programmed so the gun path sprays the entire specimen. This involves moving the gun farther along the spray path, off the seal teeth and onto the specimen. I spray seal teeth everyday and this is the method.
08-10-2015, 03:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015, 03:13 AM by marzal.)
(08-09-2015, 03:04 PM)ServiceTech Wrote: If you have a six axis robotics systems, it must be programmed so the gun path sprays the entire specimen. This involves moving the gun farther along the spray path, off the seal teeth and onto the specimen. I spray seal teeth everyday and this is the method.

Loriolo, thank you so much for your reply, I seemly understand your mean, is it spray the specimen by move the gun along the direction which parallel to the specimen first and then spray the seal teeth along the Vertical direction, as show as the follow picture?
But if that, I still have some questions: 1, are you spray the part and specimen not at the same time? 2,Did you masking the seal teeth when you spray the specimen, if not, how you avoid the contamination of the seal teeth?

(08-10-2015, 03:05 AM)marzal Wrote: [quote='ServiceTech' pid='9834' dateline='1439129070']
If you have a six axis robotics systems, it must be programmed so the gun path sprays the entire specimen. This involves moving the gun farther along the spray path, off the seal teeth and onto the specimen. I spray seal teeth everyday and this is the method.

Loriolo, thank you so much for your reply, I seemly understand your mean, is it spray the specimen by move the gun along the direction which parallel to the specimen first and then spray the seal teeth along the Vertical direction, as show as the follow picture?
But if that, I still have some questions: 1, are you spray the part and specimen not at the same time? 2,Did you masking the seal teeth when you spray the specimen, if not, how you avoid the contamination of the seal teeth?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plasma spraying microspheres, problems with clumping ThermalSprayingPhysicist 10 8,254 06-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Last Post: loriolo
  turbine rotor gland seal system, Stephen Booth 1 4,474 06-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Johnny_Blaze
  Underwater Oscillating Seal Failure Noah 1 5,196 03-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Gordon