difference between wire fed and powder thermal sprayers.
11-05-2016, 09:34 PM,
difference between wire fed and powder thermal sprayers.
can someone tell me if i am best off with one or the other gun? i am coating various alloys over organic materials, such as stone, wood, resins, and thin copper sheets...
which system will work best, will be less hot and will adhere the best...?

thanks,
neil
11-06-2016, 07:31 AM,
RE: difference between wire fed and powder thermal sprayers.
Hi, Neil

Of my experience, wire flame spray works best for the applications like these.
Inexpensive and easy to use equipment, inexpensive materials of high variety, low surface temperatures, good spray rate.

Regards,
Vig
11-07-2016, 10:59 PM,
hi neil,

suggestion is to use either wire flame spray or wire arc spray. With arc spray you might find some advantages as there is no flame plume impinging on the surface. Another benefit is wire (at least for most common wires) is relatively inexpensive compared to powder for flame spraying.

Spraying on organic material will take some experimentation, but it can be done....
04-12-2017, 01:54 PM,
Hi,

I agree with everyone. Wire spray has so many possible applications. It can produce rough surfaces, smooth surfaces, it's portable and with little effort can be used out in field applications. No need for robots or anything like that. Plus wire is cheaper than powder which is a plus. Good luck with your applications.

Mike

04-13-2017, 05:22 PM,
Hi Neil
I normally used arc spray to do my bass relief and artistically panels , but only if I spray onto special patented product, in order to do a Bronze coating, Copper or Brass on the mold, but as you want to spray directly on object, the only system to use is wire flame system, and the best system in order to have the higher bond is the HVOF Wire, that has high speed and low temperature I usually use the system HVOF-W1000 with which I obtained a very smooth coating, the roughness is very low, and easy to have a very good finish.
Best regards
Luigi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cast iron powder or wire M.Naguib 4 6,168 12-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Last Post: kschewe
  Color Difference in Ceramic coatings of Plasma Spray sreenuvundela 2 6,055 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Last Post: loriolo
  Difference between Metco 450NS and Metco 8400? Laurent 5 19,561 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SimonH
  twin wire arc spraying equipment for stainless steel wire, monel wire, etc. technovel 6 12,856 08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Last Post: adam wintle
  Difference between the 3MB and 3MB-II? Intel55 2 4,667 06-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Last Post: TurbineRepair