best coating for fluid catalytic cracker unite (FCCU)
02-03-2016, 11:43 AM,
best coating for fluid catalytic cracker unite (FCCU)
Hi

I'm looking for best coating for wear resistant that I can use in FCCU reactor and cyclones and transfer lines.

in this unit because of presence catalysts like Al2O3 and SiO2 wear and erosion is very severe.

if anyone has experience in this field, I'd be happy to help me.

Regards
02-03-2016, 08:02 PM,
RE: best coating for fluid catalytic cracker unite (FCCU)
Hi Sorousheti
I worked for a petroleum refinery and in a catalytic reactor tower, we use to coat the surfaces most exposed to wear and severe erosion, a fused WcCo coating, and we must redo the coating every 3 month, but now I think with the new coating technologies, like laser cladding is possible to have a high Wc contains powder with very reliable results
Best regards
Luigi
02-04-2016, 10:00 AM,
Hi loriolo,
I also think that self-fluxing NiCrBSi alloy with WC grains - is the best today known of solutions for the task. However, an even higher WC content along with cladding will cause cracking. In this sense, would be better to replace tungsten carbide by larger amounts of chromium carbide.

Regards
Vadim

02-08-2016, 10:50 AM,
Thank you dear Loriolo and dear Vadim
what do you think about chromium carbide cladding? can I use it for wear and erosion resistant in FCCU reactor and cyclones and transfer line?

Your regards
02-08-2016, 01:26 PM,
(02-08-2016, 10:50 AM)sorousheti Wrote: Thank you dear Loriolo and dear Vadim
what do you think about chromium carbide cladding? can I use it for wear and erosion resistant in FCCU reactor and cyclones and transfer line?

Your regards

Hi sorousheti,
There are many good wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant alloys, also with chromium carbides, that have been developed specifically for cladding: Stellites (eg, Stellite 6, Stellite 12) Tribaloys (eg, T-400, T-700, T-800) and among others. However, the higher the hardness, the difficult is welding. You need for this hard materials preheating sometimes up to 600°C and subsequent annealing > 650°C.

For large containers and pipes have to compromise and choose something softer materials that are easier to cladding. For such objects is often Inconel 625 used.

Regards
Vadim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to spray powder established for gas based HVOF in Fluid HVOF system?? sreenuvundela 0 3,497 04-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Last Post: sreenuvundela