WHAT IS THE SPECIFICATION FOR HVOF MACHINE
09-02-2008, 04:12 AM,
WHAT IS THE SPECIFICATION FOR HVOF MACHINE
Dear gordon,
Me and my company want to start new HOVF. I want to know what is the allowable distance between fuel tank and oxy tank?Can u tell me more about HVOF machine QuestionQuestion
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM,
RE: WHAT IS THE SPECIFICATION FOR HVOF MACHINE
(09-02-2008, 04:12 AM)ir_minja Wrote: Dear gordon,
Me and my company want to start new HOVF. I want to know what is the allowable distance between fuel tank and oxy tank?Can u tell me more about HVOF machine QuestionQuestion

Where are you located?

In the USA, the kerosene drum can be right outside the spray booth, everything else has to be much further away. Not sure the distances, but the fire department has to come sign off on it.

If you are using H then you have to have a H sensor in the booth and one in the gas module. H gives you and your insurance company ALOT more to worry about.

Here in the USA Praxair has increased the H rates alot lately. Kerosene was around $4.30/gallon. Natural gas was fairly cheap though.

In terms of the gun you really cannot go wrong with a JP5000 or DJ 2600 or 2700 hybrid. Those guns are common, parts are available everywhere and there are many many parameters out there for them.

Good place for equipment is https://www.fst.nl
09-03-2008, 02:06 AM,
Thank you for your quick respond,
My company is at malaysia, FYI HVOF is a new technology in here, I have draw my work station plan including HVOF position, I'm not surely confidence with the current position, its is because, the distance between fuel tank is just about 15 ft from O2 tank. And I want to know, what kind of fuel available?

(09-02-2008, 03:18 PM)Intel55 Wrote:
(09-02-2008, 04:12 AM)ir_minja Wrote: Dear gordon,

Where are you located?

In the USA, the kerosene drum can be right outside the spray booth, everything else has to be much further away. Not sure the distances, but the fire department has to come sign off on it.

If you are using H then you have to have a H sensor in the booth and one in the gas module. H gives you and your insurance company ALOT more to worry about.

Here in the USA Praxair has increased the H rates alot lately. Kerosene was around $4.30/gallon. Natural gas was fairly cheap though.

In terms of the gun you really cannot go wrong with a JP5000 or DJ 2600 or 2700 hybrid. Those guns are common, parts are available everywhere and there are many many parameters out there for them.

Good place for equipment is https://www.fst.nl
09-03-2008, 01:58 PM,
We have a distributor covering Malaysia who may be able to help you with advice and equipment.

Please let me know your contact details and I will put him in touch with you.
Stuart Milton
Metallisation Ltd
https://www.metallisation.com
09-03-2008, 02:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM by Intel55.)
(09-03-2008, 02:06 AM)ir_minja Wrote: Thank you for your quick respond,
My company is at malaysia, FYI HVOF is a new technology in here, I have draw my work station plan including HVOF position, I'm not surely confidence with the current position, its is because, the distance between fuel tank is just about 15 ft from O2 tank. And I want to know, what kind of fuel available?

Here is the USA we have to follow the OSHA regulations. You may have something similar in your country.

Basically, the hydrogen storage location order of preference is as follows:
1)Outside
2)In a separate building
3)In a separate room
4)Inside building, not in a special room and exposed to people. This is NOT permitted if the size of the H system is greater than 3000 CF.

You want to be about 25' away from everything. Do not place under power lines or within 50' of air compressor inlets or a/c equip.

make sure the piping to the H tanks is not cast iron.

There is alot more as well. OSHA 1910.103 is the regulation standard. Insurance companies want you to be in full compliance and OSHA will come out and check.

fuels available for HVOF:
kerosene
natural gas
hydrogen
propane
propylene

there are a few others, but these are the ones mainly used.
09-03-2008, 04:23 PM,
Hi ir_minja

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

I would seek advice from:

* Your Health and Safety regulatory body/organisation or equivalent in your country

* Your local Fire Service adviser

* Your insurance company

* The fuel/gas supplier

* Thermal spray equipment supplier/manufacturer

Sorry been called away, will have to come back to this later Sad
09-07-2008, 02:53 AM,
ok, thanks for all idea guys..i will try and discuss with my supervisor regarding your idea..

thanks
08-19-2009, 07:28 AM,
Really that they gives you and your allowance aggregation ALOT added to anguish about.

08-19-2009, 09:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2009, 09:50 AM by a.termika.)
The firm A.Termika Ltd. tenders you the portable installation"Termika-3" of a mean power for gas-thermal deposition of coatings by a method HVOF.
As has shown long-term experience it differs from existing today in the market by ease in exploitation, compactness and reliability. All complete set of the installation places in one portable suitcase (photo).
It is possible to deposit different powders with the size of grains up to 50 microns.
The output on an operational mode implements turn of one handle.
The opening-up and start of the �Termika-3� takes up to 15 min.
The characteristics of received coatings correspond to HVOF technology.
The cost of a portable complete installation �Termika-3� is 10990 EUR.

Best Regards
Dr.Boris A.Eizner
Director
A.Termika Ltd.
Israel
boris_iz@zahav.net.il
Tel.:+972-4-8211301
Skype address:a.termika
The firm A.Termika Ltd (Israel) tenders you additions DWC6410-H and DWC12410-F to thermal spray powders on base WC+Co+(Cr) for deposition of wear-resistance coatings .
Our additions augment a wear-resistance of coatings such as WC+Co+(Cr) and go on at 8-10 of time. Additions are intended for deposition of coatings by a method HVOF (mark H) and method FS (mark F).
Additions is let out as a powder and is blended with the main powders WC+Co+(Cr).
It is enough of one kilogram of the addition for cooking 10 kilograms of a powder .And the received mix on a wear resistance of coatings will be equivalent 80-100 kilograms of a customary powders such as WC+Co+(Cr). The additions are tested with different powders type WC+Co+(Cr) of several corporations from Holland, China, USA and Russian.Addition DWC6410-H and DWC12610-F deliver in plastic bottles on 2.5 and 5 lbs.
To book additions and to receive more in-depth information it is possible through a E-Mail: boris_iz@zahav.net.il or tel.:+972-4-8211301,+972-547477909.
Best Regards
Dr.Boris A.Eizner,
Director
Skype addres:a.termika
11-11-2009, 10:53 PM,
Consider using HVAF instead of HVOF. It is much easier to set up your gas supplies. The gun consumes compressed air (very safe) and propane, propylene, or natural gas. These can be obtained from your local welding supply shop in safe containers which can be installed wherever is convenient. Also, you will not have to deal with a cooling water circuit, which was not discussed in the above posts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  P16C-AG15 specification Mishka 0 541 01-19-2023, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Mishka
  HVOF machine michael86 11 9,779 08-31-2015, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Zahalka