WALLEX 42 SA with 6P-II
03-23-2011, 12:18 PM,
WALLEX 42 SA with 6P-II
Dear members,

We want to coat WALLEX 42 SA with 6P-II gun. Can we use the same parameters with metco 45C-NS.

Obviously do not intend to make fusing after coating. Should we use primer coating layer (NiCr) before coating? Do you share your parameter experiment with CoCrW 6P-II?
03-23-2011, 01:17 PM,
RE: WALLEX 42 SA with 6P-II
Hi Metallurgy_eng

WALLEX 42 SA I believe is a NiCrBSi self fluxing alloy, so a little puzzled by your reference to Metco 45C and CoCrW. Edit - confused Colmonoy 42 SA with Wallex. Closest I could find was Wallex 40 a CoNiCrBSi self-fluxing alloy

I have no experience with this particular powder, and can find no information on particle size. Being forced to choose a set of parameters as a starting point, I would go with Metco 16C or Metco 43C. Edit - make that Metco 45C, the same as you Smile I would predict that it will not be a particularly good coating as-sprayed though as I think it is primarily intended to be fused.

Depending on application it might be wise to bond coat with a NiAl. Don't see the point of using NiCr base coat, as this will be similar to top coat bonding wise.

Seems a strange choice of coating. Can you provide info on what its for?
03-23-2011, 03:27 PM,
Hi Gordon,

Thank for your advice.

In fact, the event was as follows. The costomer wanted us to do stellite 6 coating. I search some powders my suppliers but I cant find Stellite 6 powders. I find similar an alloy powder CrCoW. Its Wallex 42.

I chacked some parameters about Sulzer 6 P II gun and I found 45C-NS. They said on their cataloge the 45C-NS is similar to Stellite 6. Both are coarse-grained powder.
03-23-2011, 04:44 PM,
Hi Metallurgy_eng

Sign0007 Sorry, ignore my comment
Quote:WALLEX 42 SA I believe is a NiCrBSi self fluxing alloy, so a little puzzled by your reference to Metco 45C and CoCrW.

I have no experience with this particular powder, and can find no information on particle size. Being forced to choose a set of parameters as a starting point, I would go with Metco 16C or Metco 43C.

My search earlier "WALLEX 42 SA" found only Colmonoy 42 SA (Wall Colmonoy website was down at that time, ok now) I was too hurried to notice Colmonoy (NiCr based) was not Wallex (CoCr based). Sorry, obviously in need of coffee Ashamed0002

I could only find reference to Wallex 40

So, Yes I would select Metco 45C parameters as starting point, though these products Metco 45C (CoCrNiW), Stellite 6 (CoCrW) and Wallex 40 (CoNiCrBSi, I'm guessing similar to Wallex 42) are similar in that they are cobalt based alloys, but they do differ somewhat in composition, so I would not necessarily regard them as equivalents.

I think my other comments are still valid.
03-30-2011, 08:06 PM,
Hi
you can use 45C parameters to spray wallex 42, respect the application and technologies you can use, you can do a semi-fused coating ( spraying about 0,05/0,1 mm first layer, then heat the piece about 300 °C and apply the others layers till you arrive to the specificated thickness coating without bond coat) (but It’is very difficult to do with Co powders), or you must use a Ni/Al bond coat
Best regards
Luigi
04-04-2011, 08:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2011, 08:47 PM by Met.Eng..)
Hi luis, Can you discribe more details. We did some trail, after grinding We've had a bad surface. we didnt do semi layer as you said. powder melted very badSad after grinding porous structure was occurred.

please tell me the system parameters, and could you tell me the semi fusing and fusing method?
Did it necessarily required to do fusing or semi fusing?

THANK YOU...