Resin for tough conditions
02-12-2009, 08:32 AM,
Lightbulb  Resin for tough conditions
Hi all...

Does anybody have suggestions on what kind of resin or system that can be applied on zinc plated steel which is able to withstand conditions of about 250 degrees Celcius for more than 250 hours without colour change?

Thanks.
02-12-2009, 09:52 AM,
RE: Resin for tough conditions
Hello

What is your need?
Any ceramic can be apply by thermal spray for example but this are not dense coatings.
You can put Peek coating by flame spray that can be dense coating but not so easy to spray in good conditions.

So it depend for what for it is.

(02-12-2009, 08:32 AM)LeeWL Wrote: Hi all...

Does anybody have suggestions on what kind of resin or system that can be applied on zinc plated steel which is able to withstand conditions of about 250 degrees Celcius for more than 250 hours without colour change?

Thanks.
02-12-2009, 05:14 PM,
Hi LeeWL

Fluorocarbon or fluoropolymer coatings. Problem is bonding to a smooth zinc plate. Is it possible to start from scratch without zinc plating and use a more suitable pretreatment?
02-16-2009, 07:55 AM,
Thank you for your suggestion landemarre. However, I do not think it is applicable to the coating I have in mind as we do not usethermal spray nor flame spray. The coating will most probably be used on electrostatic spray method or merely by spray guns.

Gordon,
Thank you for the information. I will try lookin for informations on those two coatings. It is not possible to use a more suitable pretreatment as the client specified that their steel are pretreated with zinc. Hence, I think I will have to work harder on searchin for information.

However Gordon, do you think thermosetting acrylic is capable of withstanding such harsh conditions?
02-26-2009, 01:25 AM,
Hi LeeWL

My knowledge in this field is poor Sad I suspect acrylic based coating will not cope with temperature.

I think systems based on the likes of polyimides, epoxies, silicones and fluorocarbons will be the few that may work at 250C.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The conditions of deposition of CoNiCrAl+Si at the HVOF Serg 0 1,772 09-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Serg