Propane flashback arrestor
04-09-2014, 05:39 AM,
Propane flashback arrestor
Hello everyone,

I have the following problem.the company I work for bought a HVOF equipment and I need a falshback arrestor for propane.
I have to admit I'm new at this and have almost no experience at this.
The User's manual says that the pressure for propane is 6-8 Bar.
Does anyone know where i could find a falshback arrestor for this pressure? All I could find so far is for max 5 Bar. If this is the case, can you please recomend a flashback arrestor.
One more thing. where is the bast place to install it? behind the control panel or behind the gun?

Thank you!

04-10-2014, 02:51 AM,
RE: Propane flashback arrestor
Hi Nixx, a few thoughts for discussion and maybe others can add to the information.

a) The pressure on a propane cylinder should be at 10+ bar pressure, whilst the operating pressure you are correct is 6 -8 bars
b) Also make sure you know the flow of the propane required so the flashback does not restrict the flow
c) I recommend installation of the flashback arrestor behind the gun alternatively right at the regulator
d) make sure its a real flashback arrestor and not just return valve.
e) make sure all the other characteristics / specifications of the propane supply are met, according to your particular installation and government requirements. Remember that Propane can re-liquidfy in the lines.

Take a look at IBEDA

from Ibeda website:
The models SR, DG, and DG91 have two built-in safety functions: a flame barrier and a non-return valve (check valve). The integrated flame barrier extinguishes the flashbacks and protects the valve to make sure it works safely even after a flashback. IBEDA offers flashback arrestors (FBA) for many industrial gases (Fuel Gases) such as acetylene, hydrogen, methane, natural gas, propane, propylene, butane, as well as oxygen and compressed air.

04-10-2014, 07:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 07:18 PM by plasmajet1990.)
(04-09-2014, 05:39 AM)Nixx Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have the following problem.the company I work for bought a HVOF equipment and I need a falshback arrestor for propane.
Does anyone know where i could find a falshback arrestor for this pressure? All I could find so far is for max 5 Bar. If this is the case, can you please recomend a flashback arrestor.
One more thing. where is the bast place to install it? behind the control panel or behind the gun?

Thank you!

Buna seara,

Puteti cumpara ca piesa de schimb si de aici:

Cool

06-30-2014, 06:07 AM,
(04-10-2014, 02:51 AM)Stephen Booth Wrote: Hi Nixx, a few thoughts for discussion and maybe others can add to the information.

a) The pressure on a propane cylinder should be at 10+ bar pressure, whilst the operating pressure you are correct is 6 -8 bars
b) Also make sure you know the flow of the propane required so the flashback does not restrict the flow
c) I recommend installation of the flashback arrestor behind the gun alternatively right at the regulator
d) make sure its a real flashback arrestor and not just return valve.
e) make sure all the other characteristics / specifications of the propane supply are met, according to your particular installation and government requirements. Remember that Propane can re-liquidfy in the lines.

Take a look at IBEDA

from Ibeda website:
The models SR, DG, and DG91 have two built-in safety functions: a flame barrier and a non-return valve (check valve). The integrated flame barrier extinguishes the flashbacks and protects the valve to make sure it works safely even after a flashback. IBEDA offers flashback arrestors (FBA) for many industrial gases (Fuel Gases) such as acetylene, hydrogen, methane, natural gas, propane, propylene, butane, as well as oxygen and compressed air.

Stephen, thank you for the sugetions, but I'm not sure I understand. How is SR, DG or DG91 good for me if the working pressure for them is 5 bar and the oerating pressure is 8 bar?
07-01-2014, 03:30 AM,
Hi Nixx

you are correct, best you contact IBEDA directly.

I have been looking at their filters as well, and see they have up to 40 bar rating, GF-25 T-Form

07-02-2014, 06:22 AM,
(04-10-2014, 07:01 PM)plasmajet1990 Wrote:

Thank you!

Buna seara,

Cool

Buna ziua,

am intrat pe site-ul indicat, dar nu am gasit opritoare de flacara. Poate nu am stiut eu unde sa ma uit.
Oricum, va multumesc! Am gasit, in schimb, pe site, banda protectoare. Stiam ca exista dar nu stiam cum sa o caut. Big Grin
07-20-2014, 10:24 AM,
(07-02-2014, 06:22 AM)Nixx Wrote:

Thank you!

Buna seara,

Cool

Buna ziua,

am intrat pe site-ul indicat, dar nu am gasit opritoare de flacara. Poate nu am stiut eu unde sa ma uit.
Oricum, va multumesc! Am gasit, in schimb, pe site, banda protectoare. Stiam ca exista dar nu stiam cum sa o caut. Big Grin

If you want 6-8 bar Propan pressure,you must necessarily to get the gas bottle heating.You can put hot water (70oC) into gas bottle or you can wrap an electric blanket.You should also use vaporatior.
Regards

07-21-2014, 10:40 AM,
(07-20-2014, 10:24 AM)sprayjet Wrote:
(07-02-2014, 06:22 AM)Nixx Wrote:

Thank you!

Buna seara,

Cool

Buna ziua,

If you want 6-8 bar Propan pressure,you must necessarily to get the gas bottle heating.You can put hot water (70oC) into gas bottle or you can wrap an electric blanket.You should also use vaporatior.
Regards

Presure is fine. I have a heated tank and a vaporizer and I have 10+ propane presure and a regulator to bring it down to 6-8 bar (depending on my needs). My problem is that I can't find a propane flashback arrestor that works at 8 bars and doesn't affect the flow of the propane.
For now i'm using a flashback arrestor that works at 8 bar but it it brings down the flow too much.
08-14-2014, 01:38 PM,
Buna,

I think I have a whole set of flash back arrestors off Metco Diamond Jet. Not sure if you are still looking but if so let me know and I will see if I can dig them up.

Mike
08-22-2014, 02:38 PM,
(08-14-2014, 01:38 PM)cincykids Wrote: Buna,

I think I have a whole set of flash back arrestors off Metco Diamond Jet. Not sure if you are still looking but if so let me know and I will see if I can dig them up.

Mike

Cincykids, could you please give me some info about your flashback arrestors?
At what preassure are you using it? does it affect your propane flow? I'm asking all of this because our flashback arrestor is designed for 8 bar, but it affects the flow so badly that propane liquifies in the pipes of the control panel and because of this the indicator for the propane flow is not working (i can't determine how much propane i'm using)

maybe you could tell me what model is your flashback arrestor so that I could look up for one in Europe.

Thank you!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is replacement of propane gas in HVOF mlavar 9 8,607 02-17-2023, 09:09 PM
Last Post: J!m
  conversion from lpg/propane to hydrogen rmsengineering 0 2,738 12-15-2019, 02:46 PM
Last Post: rmsengineering
  Using propane as hvof gas. Intel55 7 9,431 11-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Yod
  85% propane versus 95% propane in HVOF pulaunias 12 12,706 10-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Yod
  Propane gas in HVOF liaemars 2 2,629 10-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Last Post: mgbaca1
  HVOF and propane sprayloud 5 6,148 03-27-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rmsengineering
  Convert Diamond Jet from Propylene to Propane LEN WOOD 2 4,669 05-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Last Post: LEN WOOD
Shy flow rate conversion of propane in DJ2700 guang 1 4,934 12-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Last Post: KevGarty
  Methane or Propane guang 1 3,937 09-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Gordon
  Liquid Propane vs Vapor Propane Stephen Booth 12 48,149 04-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Last Post: domsmith
  cng replacment of propane ehsan 6 8,098 06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Last Post: senkcoat