Powder deflection 3MB
02-28-2019, 05:34 PM,
Powder deflection 3MB
Good day all,

Some colleagues of mine were working on a robotic spray program last year. Now we all know that, depending on the carrier gas flow, the powder can be under-injected, over-injected (through the plume), or well injected (more central in the plume). But here is where my question lies: the powder was deflecting to the side of the plume. My colleagues programmed to take this sideways deflection in account. In my opinion, such deflection to the side indicates a mechanical condition which should have been corrected before programming. The injector is probably angled, not perpendicular to the plasma plume, or off-center. What are your experiences/opinions in this matter? Thanks to all and have a great day.
02-28-2019, 06:18 PM,
RE: Powder deflection 3MB
Hi Lemster68

It is normal and desirable to have some target point deviation from a coating quality and efficiency point of view. Correct side injection should give a noticeable shift. Now the other deflection is probably due to plasma gas swirl slightly rotating the original deflection.

This is normal, do not deviate too far away from the recommended carrier flows as coating quality and deposit efficiency will suffer. The only downside is programming the robot to compensate for target point deviation.

Cheers

Gordon
03-11-2019, 01:31 PM,
RE: Powder deflection 3MB
Thank you Gordon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tried blasting only to found out deflection jadefowler42 1 2,001 08-20-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: loriolo