PT M500T failure
11-28-2006, 10:22 AM,
PT M500T failure
Hi,
I see that such problems are not typically discussed in the forum but I hope somebody can help me. As university researcher I work with an old (1991) Plasma Technik M500T plasma spraying system. Better to say I would work if it were working Sad
The troubles began when the powder feeder did not started but the plasma was ready. Nevertheless I was able to spray with a simple gravitation feeder which I get from a simple combustion gun.
Since then an other problem has arisen: the automatic starting process stops at the third step and the plasma flame doesn't forms. (for appreciatives: X117 input is inactive.) This means that the current reaches only appr. 170A and the voltage is 80V instead of the operating 68V, Argon is flowing.
I would greatly appreciate any useful advice to solve the failure(s) before we would be forced to call a technician from Sulzer Metco for on-site repair. Thank you!

P?ter
11-29-2006, 04:54 AM,
RE: PT M500T failure
Hi ozsvathp

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

Sorry, don't have a clue on this one. Getting Sulzer Metco to service and calibrate probably would be best, but understand your reluctance and tight University budget. Hopefully, someone knowledgable on this will come along and give guidance.
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM,
RE: PT M500T failure
Thank you Gordon!
Hopefully somebody will have an idea.

Regards,
P?ter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun failure demionkrishan 2 3,980 08-22-2016, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Joris Kraak