Nanovea vs.CSM
08-20-2009, 06:05 PM,
Nanovea vs.CSM
We are currently reasearching both. CSM has been around longer but Nanovea seems to have really stepped up. Because Nanovea is newer it seems like they have a better business model, not only in presentation, but pricing. Seems CSM is a little hastey with their profit margin. From what I can see Nanovea is offering the same or better product with advancing features for less. Not cuz its cheaper but because their growing the business smarter. Anyways, I'd like to hear opinions.
08-31-2009, 06:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2009, 06:16 PM by Nanoman.)
RE: Nanovea vs.CSM
(08-20-2009, 06:05 PM)engineerknowledge Wrote: We are currently reasearching both. CSM has been around longer but Nanovea seems to have really stepped up. Because Nanovea is newer it seems like they have a better business model, not only in presentation, but pricing. Seems CSM is a little hastey with their profit margin. From what I can see Nanovea is offering the same or better product with advancing features for less. Not cuz its cheaper but because their growing the business smarter. Anyways, I'd like to hear opinions.

Being a nanotechnologist myself, I would say that on first impressions Nanovea seems to have quite a comprehensive range of products and services on offer, mainly laboratory equipment for many applications within Nanotechnology. They also seem to have been around for 16 odd years which means they have established themselves in a reasonable capacity and have a definite potential when it comes to growth and future investment. As for CSM I cannot really comment as I do not have sufficient info on them. What is your take on the potential for Nanovea?
Nanovea seem to have a comprehensive range of products and services.
Their laboratory research equipment find several applications within various segments of the nanotech field. I believe there is a potential for this organisation, what is your take on the matter?
09-01-2009, 02:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2009, 02:58 AM by engineerknowledge.)
(08-31-2009, 06:14 PM)Nanoman Wrote:
(08-20-2009, 06:05 PM)engineerknowledge Wrote: We are currently reasearching both. CSM has been around longer but Nanovea seems to have really stepped up. Because Nanovea is newer it seems like they have a better business model, not only in presentation, but pricing. Seems CSM is a little hastey with their profit margin. From what I can see Nanovea is offering the same or better product with advancing features for less. Not cuz its cheaper but because their growing the business smarter. Anyways, I'd like to hear opinions.

Being a nanotechnologist myself, I would say that on first impressions Nanovea seems to have quite a comprehensive range of products and services on offer, mainly laboratory equipment for many applications within Nanotechnology. They also seem to have been around for 16 odd years which means they have established themselves in a reasonable capacity and have a definite potential when it comes to growth and future investment. As for CSM I cannot really comment as I do not have sufficient info on them. What is your take on the potential for Nanovea?
Their laboratory research equipment find several applications within various segments of the nanotech field. I believe there is a potential for this organisation, what is your take on the matter?

I agree. From what I know the engineer team led by Pierre Leroux had been with Micro Photonics who distributed many of what are now Nanoveas competitors. With the support of Micro Photonics Affiliation Nanovea was created as a seperatly operated business. That said, this team knows their competitors and I think it shows. Nanovea is marketing a one-stop-shop and their range is very impressive. I also feel like Nanovea is more straight forward about their capabilities and thats important when your talking Nano/Micro measurement. To be honest, Im surprised more people are not picking up on this story.

Its interesting you knew of Nanovea and Not CSM, according to CSM they have been around for 20 years. Is this a classic case of out with old in with the new
09-01-2009, 12:03 PM,
(09-01-2009, 02:33 AM)engineerknowledge Wrote:

I agree. From what I know the engineer team led by Pierre Leroux had been with Micro Photonics who distributed many of what are now Nanoveas competitors. With the support of Micro Photonics Affiliation Nanovea was created as a seperatly operated business. That said, this team knows their competitors and I think it shows. Nanovea is marketing a one-stop-shop and their range is very impressive. I also feel like Nanovea is more straight forward about their capabilities and thats important when your talking Nano/Micro measurement. To be honest, Im surprised more people are not picking up on this story.

Its interesting you knew of Nanovea and Not CSM, according to CSM they have been around for 20 years. Is this a classic case of out with old in with the new

Yes its certainly a new innovative technology and when we consider measurements at the microscale we immediately realise the potential of this high precision technology. It is a bit strange I havnt heard of CSM however I would like to learn more about them too. Nanovea also sound like a company that knows where its going and understands its capabilities extremely well and to establish themselves as one of the leading nano analytical instrumentation and measurement products in the field is quite an accomplishment and shows good business thinking.
Coincidentally, please tell me about your role? The kinds of things you are involved with doing in your professional life, I am very interested to know.
09-02-2009, 02:26 AM,
(09-01-2009, 12:03 PM)Nanoman Wrote:
(09-01-2009, 02:33 AM)engineerknowledge Wrote:

Yes its certainly a new innovative technology and when we consider measurements at the microscale we immediately realise the potential of this high precision technology. It is a bit strange I havnt heard of CSM however I would like to learn more about them too. Nanovea also sound like a company that knows where its going and understands its capabilities extremely well and to establish themselves as one of the leading nano analytical instrumentation and measurement products in the field is quite an accomplishment and shows good business thinking.
Coincidentally, please tell me about your role? The kinds of things you are involved with doing in your professional life, I am very interested to know.

Currently studying thin coatings/substrates. Im educating myself with the different tools available should there come the budget to do so.