Metco metalizing pistols 4E and 8E
03-17-2017, 08:45 PM,
Metco metalizing pistols 4E and 8E
Hello I hope I have put this in the correct place.

I have picked up a couple of Metco metalizing pistols 4E and a 8E and just wondered if its still possible to get spares for them they look pretty old but I think they have potential
Cheers Jord
03-19-2017, 08:31 AM,
RE: Metco metalizing pistols 4E and 8E
Hi Jord

There aren't anymore OEM spares for this guns, that have more than 30 years, 4E has special conical metal ignition valve, without O'Rings, and the sifon plug is completely obsolete, I still have customers that use this gun, and I can repair it, but is better for you to buy a new one, for the 8E you can use some spares still produced , the thermal spray provider near you could be MEC, contact them www.mecpl.com, they still produce spares for old thermal spray torch and also new guns and systems.
Best regards
Luigi
03-20-2017, 10:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2017, 10:55 AM by Jord-E.)
(03-19-2017, 08:31 AM)loriolo Wrote: Hi Jord

There aren't anymore OEM spares for this guns, that have more than 30 years, 4E has special conical metal ignition valve, without O'Rings, and the sifon plug is completely obsolete, I still have customers that use this gun, and I can repair it, but is better for you to buy a new one, for the 8E you can use some spares still produced , the thermal spray provider near you could be MEC, contact them www.mecpl.com, they still produce spares for old thermal spray torch and also new guns and systems.

Hi Luigi I was thinking the same thing the 4E will make a good piece on the shelf , I will contact mecpl.com, I have seen a couple of there YouTube vids.
The piece I am seeking is the Drive Roll Carrier and the Upper Drive Gear, worst case scenario we will cast a new carrier if no longer able to find, if we can get the gears
Thanks Luigi
04-18-2017, 11:34 AM,
It's probably cheaper to just buy a new one! It's probably hard to find spares 8I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't think it's worth the effort). I'm also pretty sure the results will be better with new guns!
04-21-2017, 03:07 PM,
Well, considering the current version is the 16E, you can imagine a few changes have been made...

But the 14E is exactly the same as the 16E, other than the "dead-man" handle on the 16E that slams the valve core shut if the handle is let go. Honestly, in interest of safety, I would not run any "lap seal" gun as they were prone to backfiring and lapping the parts requires a level of skill not often found these days... Some of the older guns can use the 16E syphon plug (and nozzles) which gets you o-ring seals; however I don't know what the solution for the air caps would be... I don't know how far "back" those go.

As a side note, I think it was the 11E that used a turbine that rotated in the opposite direction as the 12-up...

And I think I have a few NOS turbine brake assembly labels but I don't remember which model they are for.
Spraying since '87. University of Metco alum (99-16)

Available for consultation services- please send a PM