MASKING FOR HVOF
09-18-2017, 08:10 PM,
MASKING FOR HVOF
General question. We are bidding on a job that involves WC Co Cr 86-10-4 HVOF coating, this is a flat part approx 3/4" X 18" and requires masking in the edges. I need a quick turnaround ("budgetary") price estimate for the masking tape/material. We will require enough masking material to cover strips of approx 18"X 1/2, approx 500 strips per week. I wonder if this masking comes in standard lenght rolls, etc. Any help is welcome. I requested formal quotes from specialized distribuitors, but they have not yet replied...kinda hot issue.
Thanks,
Rover1974
09-20-2017, 08:09 PM,
RE: MASKING FOR HVOF
(09-18-2017, 08:10 PM)Rover1974 Wrote: General question. We are bidding on a job that involves WC Co Cr 86-10-4 HVOF coating, this is a flat part approx 3/4" X 18" and requires masking in the edges. I need a quick turnaround ("budgetary") price estimate for the masking tape/material. We will require enough masking material to cover strips of approx 18"X 1/2, approx 500 strips per week. I wonder if this masking comes in standard lenght rolls, etc. Any help is welcome. I requested formal quotes from specialized distribuitors, but they have not yet replied...kinda hot issue.
Thanks,
Rover1974

Hi,
i don't think Tape will help on a flat surface.
We manufacture Silicone Compounds for masking ie. One part compound curing through heat input and 2 part Compounds which are addition curing, here we offer the usual fast curing(5 Minutes) and also offer this in extended curing up to 1 hour what ever the customer wants.
We possibly can help you since we also developed a adhesive to enhance adhesion of the above Products, especially the one Part Compound.
At present we supply this in 8mm thick and 90mm Diameter Disc's but could possibly if quantities are sufficient make them in stripes (Rolls) to suit your Application 3/4" x 18"
We would send you for testing Adhesive and Compound.FOC.
You may ask who we are,small Family owned Customer orientated Company with second to non Service and excellent Products @ competitive Pricing.
Let me know what you think.
Contact me: hlmtbs@aol.com
Regards
hjb
09-21-2017, 05:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2017, 05:47 AM by Rover1974.)
(09-20-2017, 08:09 PM)hjb Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 08:10 PM)Rover1974 Wrote: General question. We are bidding on a job that involves WC Co Cr 86-10-4 HVOF coating, this is a flat part approx 3/4" X 18" and requires masking in the edges. I need a quick turnaround ("budgetary") price estimate for the masking tape/material. We will require enough masking material to cover strips of approx 18"X 1/2, approx 500 strips per week. I wonder if this masking comes in standard lenght rolls, etc. Any help is welcome. I requested formal quotes from specialized distribuitors, but they have not yet replied...kinda hot issue.
Thanks,
Rover1974

Hi,
i don't think Tape will help on a flat surface.
We manufacture Silicone Compounds for masking ie. One part compound curing through heat input and 2 part Compounds which are addition curing, here we offer the usual fast curing(5 Minutes) and also offer this in extended curing up to 1 hour what ever the customer wants.
We possibly can help you since we also developed a adhesive to enhance adhesion of the above Products, especially the one Part Compound.
At present we supply this in 8mm thick and 90mm Diameter Disc's but could possibly if quantities are sufficient make them in stripes (Rolls) to suit your Application 3/4" x 18"
We would send you for testing Adhesive and Compound.FOC.
You may ask who we are,small Family owned Customer orientated Company with second to non Service and excellent Products @ competitive Pricing.
Let me know what you think.
Contact me: hlmtbs@aol.com
Regards
hjb

Thanks, I will contact you to discuss. Best Regards.
09-24-2017, 09:27 PM,
I can vouch for the above

We currently use some of HJB's masking compounds in the Aerospace industry. I have found them very good quality and Helmut is always willing to help / offer advice.

Cheers

Kev
12-19-2017, 11:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 11:15 AM by newss247.)
i don't think Tape will help on a flat surface.vouch for the above I have found them very good quality and Helmut is always willing to help You may ask who we are,small Family owned Customer orientated Company with second to non Service and excellent Products
-------------------
11-19-2019, 08:44 PM,
Thanks,
Rover1974

Hello,
We are polish company and use masking tapes and compounds of Biscor ( GreenBelting) from UK.
I highly recommend you to contact Mr John Hodges. He can ensure samples and provide the best material which will be workable in definite application. So far we have tried DeWal, PPI , Praxair, but to be honest in terms of price and service Biscor is the best.
Brds,

John Hodges

Product Manager – Thermal Spray Masking Products (UK & Europe).

Biscor Limited

M: +44(0)7793 655481

E: johnhodges@greenbelting.com

W: www.greenbelting.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Molded Masking/Hard Masking Products mcaprez 1 3,145 09-27-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Stephen Booth
  Thermal spray masking Chinook 3 7,872 08-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Last Post: KevGarty