Landing Gear
11-27-2012, 01:04 PM,
Star  Landing Gear
dear all,
my customer needs to repair of hard chromed defect area in Landing Gear Boeing 737-400 , should be use HVOF process or others like Selective plating ? does anyone has any experiences ?
Thanks & Regards,
Iwan Sedaryawan - Website : https://www.ciptaagung.com
Happy0193
11-27-2012, 08:29 PM,
RE: Landing Gear
Hello Iwan,
Your customer should really refer to the relevant Boeing OEM manuals to see if there's a repair OR contact a Boeing representative to check what is permissable.
Len Wood
METAL MONSTER LTD
BIGGER BETTER FASTER MORE!
Ph: +64 9 4730705
Fax: +64 9 4730706
Email:: len@metal-monster.com
www.metal-monster.com
11-27-2012, 10:25 PM,
Don't even think about asking for advice on how to make this repair. Boeing and all other aircraft OEMs specify how to repair their parts. They specify everything including, in some cases, the brand of spray gun which must be used to make the repair. If you do it differently, you will never work for your customer again, and if something bad happens to that plane, even if it was not related to your repair, you can be sure that you will be talking to some government officials. If you are lucky, only your business will be shut down.
11-28-2012, 12:37 AM,
dear Len and Djewell, thanks for your advises, I am not so interesting to do this job , since too many regulation, just for my reference and knowledge how to do, better doing the others industries such as : Power, Pulp and Paper, Oil and Gas, etc, Yes I have advised to their for refer to Boeing Manual Book, but even their engineering division was not so clearly understand...
Thanks & Regards,
Iwan Sedaryawan - Website : https://www.ciptaagung.com
Happy0193
11-28-2012, 01:05 PM,
The first thing would be you would have to be MRO or Approved Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Centre and probably cost a million bucks in licensing fees. Then you can read their repair manuals lol.