How to determine thermal spray turns?
06-30-2008, 01:31 PM,
How to determine thermal spray turns?
Hello,Everyone
Any idea about how to determine the thermal spraying turns ? more turns at one time is important to improve work efficiency ,of course based on no high temperature increasing of substrate which harmful to parts.Any additional equipment like thermocouple attaching to parts or infrared detector to measure temperature?Highly appreciate!
06-30-2008, 02:49 PM,
RE: How to determine thermal spray turns?
Hi Joanwang
Quote:Any idea about how to determine the thermal spraying turns ?
Not sure if I understand, but if is about speeds and feeds, cycles/passes of the spray gun these thread should help:
http://www.gordonengland.co.uk/sef/wc-co...t-226.html
http://www.gordonengland.co.uk/sef/surfa...-t-69.html
http://www.gordonengland.co.uk/sef/prehe...t-517.html

Quote:more turns at one time is important to improve work efficiency ,of course based on no high temperature increasing of substrate which harmful to parts
If you mean improving production rate rather than work quality, you can really only achieve this by increasing spray rates or improving deposit efficiency. Improving quality though, will help production rates if part rejection rate is lowered Big Grin If you mean being able to spray a part continuously rather than having wasteful periodic pauses for part cooling, then optimising speed and feeds (deposit per pass) and careful use of auxiliary cooling to enable continuous spraying will be beneficial to both production and quality. Achieving a constant part temperature throughout the spraying process is ideally the best situation, although much easier said than done Happy0193 Making the effort to get close will yield benefits.
07-02-2008, 01:27 PM,
Hi,Gordon
Thanks for reply.the link helps.and also your suggestions.I'm trying to improve work efficiency in the way of add more spray passes(cycles) at one time to reduce interruption time ,of course no sacrifice coating quality and no bad to parts.so I need to measure the temperatur of parts or coatings.I need the temperature measuring tool or sensor.I think it works.
Regards!
07-04-2008, 12:23 PM,
Hi Joanwang

Yes I would say instruments to measure temperature are very important tools for the thermal sprayer, particularly when first setting up a process. Certainly, recommend having quick response contact thermocouples, though these require you to interrupt the process to perform measurement (in most cases). Infra-red devices are good for non-contact temperature monitoring, though I'd be inclined to always double check readings against that of a calibrated contact thermocouple.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to determine the porosity level of Metco 320NS abradable coating? viewwer 8 8,081 02-17-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: J!m