Hello everyone
01-16-2009, 05:34 PM,
Cool  Hello everyone
This is just a quick message to say hello to everyone on here.

I am 21 and living in the UK (London) and just finished a course in motorsport engineering at college. Before completeing this i realised it is not for me.

If anyone could advise me on how to get in to this industry it would be most appricated.

Cheers Guys
01-17-2009, 03:15 PM,
RE: Hello everyone
Hi Richard

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

If by "this industry" you mean surface engineering. This a very broad discipline and covers many industries of which certainly includes motor sport engineering. It may help if you can be more specific on the career path you wish to follow or is making this choice the problem.

I will move this thread to "Surface Engineering" where I think it is best suited.
01-21-2009, 10:28 AM,
Oh right, i am very new to this and i was curious / interested

If you could explain the different 'disciplines' involved in surface engineering that would be great.

In broad terms how difficult is it to find a surface engineering job with the current economic climate etc etc....

Cheers
01-26-2009, 03:26 PM,
Hi Richard

Have a look at Surface Engineering in a Nutshell to get an idea of what surface engineering is about. Material science is probably the primary discipline, with other engineering, management, marketing, etc. also having there place. Surface engineering is used in a vast number of different industries.

In broad terms the current economic climate, I think is effecting the majority of jobs, although there are always a few that seem to thrive in difficult conditions.