GE Specifications
07-27-2009, 07:40 AM,
GE Specifications
Hi
As a coating engineer, I work on APS and HVOF coatings. I need some information on the GE specs like B50TF192 Cl. A and A50A558.
First of all, what kind of information is included in the mentioned specs?
moreover, what is the meaning of Class A, Class B or Class C in the GE specs?
thank you in advance.
Farzad
07-27-2009, 04:37 PM,
RE: GE Specifications
Hi Farzad

Sign0016 to the Surface engineering Forum.

I think we have quite a few members dealing with GE specifications, so I think they may be more able to help.
07-28-2009, 02:22 PM,
Hi Farzad

B50TF192 Cl.A is the GEAE spec that describe the powder to use for NiCrAlY thermal spray processes : chemical composition, Sieve analysis, oxydation behaviour etc.....
Cl. A is standard NiCrAly and Cl. B is coarse (in general, classes describe the powder size).

PS
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM,
Hi Farzad
I think you are from my country and i will be glad if let me know more about your region and your project then i can help you exactly.i should say that we work in thermal spray thechnology in iran specially.
Ehsan
www.plasmatech.ir
07-29-2009, 12:07 AM,
I would concur with the Class extension being the size. Similar to the old Amdry coding.

Cheers

So who did you guys vote for?
07-29-2009, 12:43 PM,
Hi

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I have two equivalent MCrAlY powders made by Sulzer Metco and H.C.Starck respectively. Both powders meet the GE B50TF192 Cl.A spec. I know the particle size of first powder (-106+56 um), but I dont have access to the specification of second one. Considering B50TF192, can i conclude that both powders have a same particle size?
08-04-2009, 04:12 PM,
Farzady,

As long as the powder spec meet the CLA requirement, yes you can assume the powder particle range falls under the same range as the GE specs is rather wide and generic in its requirement in physical and chemical composition, many suppliers are able to produce powder that meet the specs.

As for what the specs entails, I believe no one can reveeal that as it is proprietary info protected under the SPM consumable listing. Sorry wouldnt able to help much.

Regards,
Alexangel1226
08-05-2009, 06:57 AM,
Dear Alex
Thank you very much for your precious comment.
If applicable, please let me know the difference between TBC Class A, B or C. In some specifications, just the class of TBC is mentioned, but I can't understand what does it mean!