Aluminide Coating
08-30-2017, 03:23 AM,
Aluminide Coating
Hello guys. Have a great day
i have an issue about Aluminide Diffusion Coating. After heat treat aluminide coating the part there are appear green colour on part, usually black colour after heat treatment. For information we used sermalloy J for coating, and heat treat on 1000 degree celcius in argon atmosphere furnace with flow rate 22 CFH.

Could you help me, what the reason

Thanks a lot. Regards
08-30-2017, 08:11 AM,
RE: Aluminide Coating
(08-30-2017, 03:23 AM)achmadarifudinh Wrote: Hello guys. Have a great day
i have an issue about Aluminide Diffusion Coating. After heat treat aluminide coating the part there are appear green colour on part, usually black colour after heat treatment. For information we used sermalloy J for coating, and heat treat on 1000 degree celcius in argon atmosphere furnace with flow rate 22 CFH.

Thanks a lot. Regards

You have too high an oxygen partial pressure in the oven. Aluminum is burned and the green chromium oxide layer forms on the surface. It can be due to leakage or poor argon quality.
08-30-2017, 08:25 AM,
Hi achmadarifudinh
Sermaloy J slurry-applied aluminide-diffusion slurry coating and Sermaloy J CF diffusion aluminide slurry coating, both are Metallic ceramic Coatings, and had a final color result from light grey to dark green and is possible to obtain a variety of colors within this range, changing kind of slurry, purity of the oven gas or the oven parameters like time pressure and temperature, for example the dark grey color could be obtained using Sermaloy J CF which is chrome free

Best regards
Luigi
08-31-2017, 02:19 AM,
(08-30-2017, 08:11 AM)Vadim Verlotski Wrote:

Thanks a lot. Regards

You have too high an oxygen partial pressure in the oven. Aluminum is burned and the green chromium oxide layer forms on the surface. It can be due to leakage or poor argon quality.

Dear Mr. Vadim
Does the green colour in part will be affect on the quality of coating??
Thanks
08-31-2017, 11:53 AM,
(08-31-2017, 02:19 AM)achmadarifudinh Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 08:11 AM)Vadim Verlotski Wrote:

Thanks a lot. Regards

Dear Mr. Vadim
Thanks

If your layer becomes green, it is already destroyed! Aluminum is burned and the layer has no effect at all.
09-06-2017, 01:00 AM,
Quote:You have too high an oxygen partial pressure in the oven. Aluminum is burned and the green chromium oxide layer forms on the surface. It can be due to leakage or poor argon quality.

Dear Mr. Vadim
Thanks

Quote:If your layer becomes green, it is already destroyed! Aluminum is burned and the layer has no effect at all.

Thanks Mr. Vadim for your information Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Nickel Aluminide on Platinum k09 7 8,148 03-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Gordon