Abuse of Forum Email
02-13-2007, 04:23 PM,
Sad  Abuse of Forum Email
Dear Members

Apologies to those that received the email below via the SEF email. Please just delete it as it is a fraud scam. Please note that these emails were originally sent by a member whom has now been banned. The only way really to stop this particular activity is to check "Hide your email from other members" in your UserCP - Edit Options. This of course will make it so members can not email you.

If you receive unwanted emails or private messages through the this forum, please report them. Members found abusing the forum facilities will be banned, with appropriate reporting of activities to authorities and ISP s.

sandra22

You are not welcome on this forum because you have been emailing forum members with scam or "Nigerian scam" emails.

Quote:FROM: SANDRA.

ABIDJAN, IVORY COAST
wsandra002@yahoo.com

DEAR LOVELY ONE,

PLEASE PERMIT ME TO INTRODUCE MY SELF TO YOU, MY NAME IS SANDRA, THE ONLY DAUGHTER OF LATE CHIEF HENSHAW WUMA WHO WAS A FAMOUS COCOA MERCHANT BASED IN ABIDJAN HERE,THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF IVORY COAST (COTE D'IVOIRE). I AM SEEKING FOR YOUR URGENT ATTENTION TO HELP ME TRANSFER THE SUM OF ($7,000,000.00) SEVEN MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLERS INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. PLEASE, I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 20% OF THIS MY TOTAL FUND AS YOUR COMMISSION FOR YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE TO ME. I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS IN RELATION TO THIS FUND DEPOSITED BY MY LATE FATHER IN THE BANK.
PLEASE KINDLY MAIL ME IMMEDIATELY YOU RECEIVE THIS MY LETTER FOR ME TO GIVE YOU MORE IMPORTANT DETAILS CONCERNING THIS FUND AND EQUALLY SEND YOU MY PHOTOS SO THAT YOU WUILL SEE AND KNOW WHOM I AM.
THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR ME.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
SANDRA
NBTounguelease reply to wsandra002@yahoo.com

Your activities have been reported to the police and your ISP. You are banned from this forum.

Email addresses: sandra_wuma4u1@yahoo.com
wsandra002@yahoo.com
IP address: 196.201.88.223
03-25-2009, 09:26 AM,
RE: Abuse of Forum Email
Same for me with this message in my mail box from stephen225

Dear Friend,
To: Stephane
Dear Friend,
Hope this mail meets you well, please permit me to introduce my self to you, my name is Stephen Komo,I am 21 years old, the only son of Late Mr Joseph Komo who was a famous cocoa merchant based here in Abidjan , the Economic capital of Ivory Coast ( Cote D'ivoire). I am seeking for your assistance to help me transfer the sum of ( $10,500,000.00 ) Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand United State of American Dollars that I inherited from my late father to your bank account . I am willing to offer you 15% of the total fund as a mode of compensation after the transfer for your time and effort. All the necessary documents concerning this fund is intact. please get back to me asap through my private email address ( stephenkomo1@yahoo.co.in) for more details concerning this fund and I will equally send you my photos so that you will see and know whom I am.
Waiting for your cooperation.Yours Faithfully,Stephen Komo.+225 0952 5807
03-25-2009, 04:27 PM,
RE: Abuse of Forum Email
Hi Stephane

Thanks for reporting and sorry that you were among a few that received this unwanted message.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to completely stop this unwanted activity, without severely restricting forum activity and functionality for the majority of our forum members. Bulk messaging is set to be very restrictive, so I think only few of are membership will suffer with the odd unwanted message.

Fortunately, stephen225 was spotted quite quickly and banned from the forum (see this post)

Sign0009 it is important that all members report any abuse of the forum. The quicker we know the faster we can take action.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not Receiving Activation Email Gordon 1 8,609 06-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Last Post: JRB VIRANI
  Not receiving Forum Email Gordon 4 37,533 09-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: teamx123