Image/photos in posts
10-07-2006, 07:19 PM,
Bell  Image/photos in posts
Uploading of attachments to posts directly to the forum has been disabled (edit: except for active members - see next post). To place images in your posts, please read below.

You will need to have your image files hosted by a internet server. This maybe your own web space provided by your ISP or possibly one of the many sites that provide free image file hosting/sharing services. Failing that, you can post your message and email us your image file and we will host and insert the image for you.

Using the insert image button [Image: image.gif] , you can place the image in your post (be careful to size the image to suit the page). If your image is relatively large, it would be better to place a link to it by using the insert hyperlink button [Image: link.gif] If you have a thumbnail of the image, place the image code into the url title box, so that the thumbnail links to the larger image. Use " Preview Post" button below to make sure it is right before posting. Some of the free image hosting sites can generate the required code for you to paste directly into your message. It pays to experiment a bit using preview before you post.

I have tried a few free hosting sites which appear to work quite well, see this thread.
09-14-2008, 06:05 AM,
RE: Image/photos in posts
I have enabled the facility to attach files/images to posts directly from your own computers for our active members. This will be moderated, so your attachments will not be active until they have been approved. Alternatively, you can use the methods described in the previous post.
09-16-2008, 09:41 PM,
(09-14-2008, 06:05 AM)Gordon Wrote: I have enabled the facility to attach files/images to posts directly from your own computers for our active members. This will be moderated, so your attachments will not be active until they have been approved. Alternatively, you can use the methods described in the previous post.

ahhh very good, much easier Smile

thanks
09-17-2008, 12:37 AM,
Hi Intel55

Glad you approve Smile I tried this when the forum first opened and it didn't work too well, due to abuse, problems with forum software and web server. Was not worth the hassle Ashamed0002 I am hoping now with more mature forum software, a new server and limiting facility to active members there will be no problems. If things go well, I will also consider dropping the approval moderation of attachments, well for certain member groups anyway.

While sorting this out, I noticed there was a problem with uploading of avatars, not sure how long this has been a problem, but think probably since the server change over. So apologies to anybody who tried and failed. Problem is now fixed.
09-18-2008, 10:36 PM,
Hi

Spoke too soon Happy0193

Have had a couple of fatal error reports come up when uploading attachments.

Pressing the back button, and then pressing "Add Attachment" again then seemed to work fine. Not sure whats going on, but I will look into this when I have the time. Otherwise it seems to work ok.

Anybody experiencing same problem, please report it ideally with info on what the error page says.
08-21-2009, 02:41 PM,
Attachment Problems

First, thanks to TurbineRepair for highlighting this problem coating-failure-t-866.html

I think there is a problem with an old forum plugin misbehaving. Unfortunately, not an easy fix, but one I will be attempting soon.

In the mean time, if you experience a problem uploading an image/attachment and get an error message or a blank white page - refresh/reload page - (go back one or more pages if post edit page does not appear and refresh page) and then hopefully you should see the file has actually uploaded and just needs adding to your post as screen shot below (ignore any further error messages).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=99]

If this does not work for you, make your post and just email your image /attachment to me and I will put it into your post for you.
03-28-2014, 10:34 AM,
We can easily post images and photos in the posts according to rules[/align].

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyCode when Writing Posts Gordon 0 3,843 10-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Gordon
  Addressing Posts Gordon 2 9,454 01-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Last Post: bhellman
  Attachments to posts disabled Gordon 0 7,178 09-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Gordon