twin wire arc spraying equipment for stainless steel wire, monel wire, etc.
04-25-2008, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2008, 01:03 PM by technovel.)
twin wire arc spraying equipment for stainless steel wire, monel wire, etc.
Dear colleages!
Hope everything is going well with you and your business!
I need to understand what is twin-wire arc spraying equipment the most used for spraying of stainless steel wire, monel wire, etc., in your opinion.
Twin-wire arc spraying equipment must be foolproof and for manual application.
Look forward to your early reply!
Thanks a lot and best regards.
04-26-2008, 12:37 AM,
RE: twin wire arc spraying equipment for stainless steel wire, monel wire, etc.
Hi,

For Arc spray Metallisation (https://www.metallisation.com) are The original and Best; their systems are the most robust, easiest to use and get the best results form. Metallisation arc spray rates and deposition rates are (I'm sure) the highest without the coating integrity trade-off! Metallisation systems are surprisingly the most economical to obtain and run. Technical backup and support is unparralelled.

No I don't work for them, but if you look in the market place they are often 'out marketed' by the major Thermal Spray vendors which is unfair and misleading!

I'm sure others will respond with 'reasons for' .....system!

regards

GlenB
04-29-2008, 12:10 PM,
Technovel,

Depends on your application and requirement and budget, there is not particular OEM are the best for your context. Most of them are good if they are able to suffice your needs, meeting ur budget and giving you the back end service and customer back up whenever you need them.

Personally, I would prefer a push-pull synchronized type arc spray system and it is a patented design by one of the veteran reputable brand. This is because arc spray often enough will have the wire speed not synchronized prob and leads to all kinds of problems and coating defect.

The wire conduit once worn will cause the wire feeding unsmooth and jammed...casuing a mess to the production, need to remove, cut away the wire, replace conduit if needed, re feed, re synchronize manually..to get the smooth feeding again.. .. these were some of the prob I encountered previously, and switching to a push-pull type have solve this prob, giving you consistent feeding and most importantly when you are using robots to perform spraying with multple angles.

The down side of it is the gun body is bulky, and manual spraying may not be ideal, need robust and strong arms to perform long operations=P

Just a little comment =)
07-31-2008, 05:18 PM,
Alexangel1226 Wrote:Technovel,

Depends on your application and requirement and budget, there is not particular OEM are the best for your context. Most of them are good if they are able to suffice your needs, meeting ur budget and giving you the back end service and customer back up whenever you need them.

Personally, I would prefer a push-pull synchronized type arc spray system and it is a patented design by one of the veteran reputable brand. This is because arc spray often enough will have the wire speed not synchronized prob and leads to all kinds of problems and coating defect.

The wire conduit once worn will cause the wire feeding unsmooth and jammed...casuing a mess to the production, need to remove, cut away the wire, replace conduit if needed, re feed, re synchronize manually..to get the smooth feeding again.. .. these were some of the prob I encountered previously, and switching to a push-pull type have solve this prob, giving you consistent feeding and most importantly when you are using robots to perform spraying with multple angles.

The down side of it is the gun body is bulky, and manual spraying may not be ideal, need robust and strong arms to perform long operations=P

Just a little comment =)

Hello!

Could you tell me what is the system name/producer you prefer for the wire arc spray? You mentioned above a push-pull system. Thank you for your input! Are you in Europe?

Best regards,
Florin
08-01-2008, 01:29 AM,
Hi Florin, for inside workshop technical wire applications try the SM OSU FlexiArc 300 or 200 for field applications try the EcoArc 350 and 600. Very robust equipment. I have some that are over 20 Smile years and still working fine.
08-01-2008, 06:29 AM,
Stephen Booth Wrote:Hi Florin, for inside workshop technical wire applications try the SM OSU FlexiArc 300 or 200 for field applications try the EcoArc 350 and 600. Very robust equipment. I have some that are over 20 Smile years and still working fine.

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your advice. What is new, how are you doing?

Best regards,
Florin
08-01-2008, 11:59 AM,
In South Africa we also need something very robust. We have found that the TAFA 8830 system works very well. We have over 20 such units in SA. This could be one of the reasons why people are making copies of this gun. We also find that as TAFA use the ESAB power supply we can get parts from ESAB if required. We don't have too many problems though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Combination of aluminum and stainless steel davehetfield 2 2,819 04-20-2021, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Vadim Verlotski
  Want consumables for Metco 16E combustion wire system. Turbo Machinery 0 1,904 06-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Turbo Machinery
  Twin Arc spray system ( request for your recommendation) demionkrishan 0 1,765 03-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Last Post: demionkrishan
  Oxy-fuel wire spray gun questions hje 5 4,015 01-26-2019, 05:58 PM
Last Post: plasmajet1990
  Wire with dark colour finish pcdmt 0 1,804 12-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Last Post: pcdmt
  Application advantages of flame wire vs arc wire velocity 1 2,342 07-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Stephen Booth
  SS 321 wire for Metallisation ehasan 10 12,838 06-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Wagner Martines
  MO wire spray parameter for 3GF kim jong hun 2 3,106 04-29-2018, 01:00 PM
Last Post: kim jong hun
  Mo wire spraying Arturas 6 4,196 09-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Arturas
  Surface hardening [steel + steel alloys] haggis 1 3,669 07-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: plasmajet1990
  Coating on Boiler tube in Coal Fired Power Plan by using Tafa wire 97MXC Iwan Sedaryawan CA 4 6,203 04-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Last Post: J!m
  difference between wire fed and powder thermal sprayers. wildlife360 4 4,438 04-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: loriolo
  HVOF 88 WC-12Co Cracking problem on wire drawing capstan Hector Monjardin 7 7,124 10-19-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Hector Monjardin
  Wire drawing cracking problem Hector Monjardin 3 5,149 06-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Hector Monjardin
  WC/Co/Cr on Stainless steel 420 coating Arturas 2 4,357 06-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: shantanu