Who needs long life HVOF barrels
09-16-2016, 02:48 PM,
Who needs long life HVOF barrels
I've developed a JP5000 barrel, that so far, is lasting 45 times longer than OEM and is still running. My company is in the business of making TS consumables. My question is why would I want to make this barrel and is there a real need for it. Our company would loose business if we sold it, because we would sell fewer barrels.
09-16-2016, 11:39 PM,
RE: Who needs long life HVOF barrels
Hi,

Of course, there is need, because if there will not happen substantial improvement in HVOF costs,
HVAF equipment from guys like Kermetico will just wash them out soon.

And there is a classical way to develop the business: make it expensive at first, to collect profits, later on, cut prices increasing volumes to keep competition off.

Trust me, 80% will continue to buy the cheapest for years even losing money at the end of the day.

Best regards
11-17-2016, 10:27 PM,
Do You have barrels for JP-5000 gun ?
What is the cost of barells and potential lifetime ?
11-18-2016, 02:06 PM,
(11-17-2016, 10:27 PM)mgbaca Wrote: Do You have barrels for JP-5000 gun ?
What is the cost of barells and potential lifetime ?

I my first post I said last 45 times longer. That's not true. In the 6 months of testing we have determined they last 7 times longer than OEM. We coat the ID of the barrel with a special coating that helps reduce the build up at the end of the barrel. When you notice the build up, you just have to wipe it off the tip of the barrel. The coating acts like a non stick. We'll be making 100 more of these barrels for further testing. Our regular JP5000 four inch barrels sell for around $45 US dollars. We have not determined the price of the coated barrels. We may lease them at half the price you pay, with the condition you have to purchase the other gun parts from us. That is a savings also because we have the lowest cost of JP parts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting More Life from Consumables pistoljr 0 2,557 01-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Last Post: pistoljr
  Long Course-Thermal Spray ahmadsahid 0 4,081 06-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Last Post: ahmadsahid
  during life of parts torch hvofhamid 0 3,886 06-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Last Post: hvofhamid