Thermico CJS
02-26-2019, 11:04 PM,
Thermico CJS
Hello all.

My company is currently looking into purchasing a used THERMICO CJS K5.2 and also an ID COOLFLOW MONO. I am not familiar with these torches. Is anyone able to give me some info/opinions about these torches?
1.Are they good quality and reliable?
2.How do they compare to the JP5000?
3.Is THERMICO a well known name in the HVOF world?
4.Does THERMICO have an established presence in North America?

Thanks in advance for any info!

ANeuf
02-27-2019, 06:29 PM,
Exclamation  RE: Thermico CJS
I had contact with Thermico users in Poland.
1.Are they good quality and reliable?
No there is a problem with support from company and spare parts etc. The software in different systems are different so You have to know a programmer.... Probably this year company will be closed
2.How do they compare to the JP5000? The JP-5000 is well known torch on market. No problems with spare parts, parameters... For CJS and minicoolflow You can buy spare parts in Thermico or in company founded by inventor of torch:http://tbc-uskovic.de/
3.Is THERMICO a well known name in the HVOF world? No They sold few systems in Poland for coating-shops but I heard about problems with system. You should have to know that CJS torch is a bi-fuel (using additional hydrogene) and if it is a problem wit overpressure they can blow off........
4.Does THERMICO have an established presence in North America? They sold few systems in America but I have no idea if they are working.

In my opinion the idea of Thermico torches is not bad but the support is a drama !!!