Thermal Spray Related Book
07-17-2007, 04:30 AM,
Thermal Spray Related Book
hi, any recommended thermal spray related book ?

<The Science and Engineering of Thermal Spray Coatings> sold in Amazon.com is too expensive for me (USD 509).

This is because I'm quite confused in coating material selection. There are so many types of coating materials, and so many brands. I always blur Question I want to know how to choose the proper/right coating material (regardless of price and availability).
07-18-2007, 08:10 PM,
RE: Thermal Spray Related Book
Hi Powerman

Happy0193 I've been in this business for many years and I still find coating material selection a blur. Ask a group of experts what coating to use for a specific purpose and you probably get many different opinions. Possibly all good but different. I don't think you will find one book that will really directly answer your questions. With plenty of good reading and experience your knowledge and ability to make good coating selection choices will improve, while the "blur" probably will not. The closest thing I've come across is the old Metco "Handbook of Coating Recommendations" but even this leaves you with a list of potential coating candidates as long as your arm and thats just Metco coatings.
07-19-2007, 01:51 AM,
hi Gordon, thanks for your reply.
07-19-2007, 02:12 AM,
Hi Powerman

Ram (drramc) may come along to plug his books on surface engineering (which I've heard are very good) not had chance to read them yet. Like you I find most books on this subject are very expensive to buy, particularly for individual use Sad
07-19-2007, 02:22 AM,
hi Gordon,

who is Ram (drramc)? Any links related to his books?
07-19-2007, 02:35 AM,
Hi Powerman

Ram (drramc) is a helpful and valued member of this forum, hence I don't mind him pluggin his books here Big Grin

Heres one link or you could search by his name.
http://www.gordonengland.co.uk/sef/engin...tml#pid848
07-19-2007, 04:08 AM,
Thanks very much. Still expensive.
08-03-2007, 04:32 AM,
Is it possible to find the book on the web ?

We have the PDF vision about this book to share to us?
08-03-2007, 12:44 PM,
Try Handbook of Thermal Spray technology, join the ASM International under TSS (Thermal Spray Society) and plenty books are available, at at reasonable price for members.
08-05-2007, 10:20 AM,
Hi,
ram here.
My book on 'Surface Wear - Analysis, Treatment & Prevention' ,ASM-International,2001(price around$165) is in best seeling reference book ,contains
*a chapter on 'surface modification processes'' and a section fully devoted to Thermal spraying (includes new classification, systems,consumables,and imortant applications)
*chapter on wear resistant materials where there are sections fully devoted to ceramic , polymeric ,composite materials in addition to metallic materials.
Second book,Advanced Thermally Assisted Surface Engineering Processes, published by Kluwer Academic Publishing,MA,(now Springer,NY) in 2004 (price approx $167), contains basically four different thermally assisted surface engineering processes, viz, welding, thermal spraying, vapor phase deposition and diffusion using one or more of 11 heat sources described in 11 chapters on different heat sources, such as,plasma,laser,arc, spark, nduction,ion, electron, microwave,solar beam,combustion, friction and combinations.First chapter is on basic priciple of the processes,chapter on polymertic surfacing, a chapter on ceramic surfacing,chapter on QC & QA of coatings, chapter on performace and life cycle of engineered surface.
You can buy e-book version of second one.See amazon.com for review of this book by Dr. Sam Nistala,owner of thermal spray shop in UK.
ram

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sulzer (metco) repair book sal 0 3,211 04-12-2015, 04:53 AM
Last Post: sal
  Book - "Thermal spray coatings & technology" farzin_g1 1 5,918 01-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Gordon
  BOOK about thermal spray chy0495 2 6,182 08-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Last Post: chy0495