Thermal Engineering Parameter Development
03-14-2015, 08:26 PM,
Thermal Engineering Parameter Development
Hello all,

I just took a new position as the lead at a new company in South Florida. The shop is in complete disarray. I have learned that there is not a coating engineer at the facility, and I have a feeling that this task will fall on me. I do not have any experience in developing new parameters on my own. I have participated in Yates Analysis DOE's, but only as an operator doing the actual spraying. This is an aerospace facility focused on round aviation parts. I came from a highly respected company prior to taking this position. Right now, the parameters that are used were supplied by Sulzer Metco. There are so many things that are done incorrectly, which is why they hired me. They want me to pull the department out of the hole they are in, so if anyone has any useful tips to help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

I could really use some proven formulas for choosing table RPMs, as well as parameters. I will keep everyone updated as things progress. Thank you all for your time.

Meeker 77

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold Spray Process Development Stephen Booth 3 2,893 11-30-2021, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Stephen Booth
  Parameter Sheet for Amdry 4535 for a JP5000 system maxmax 1 13,806 01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Gordon