Teflon coating
02-05-2009, 05:03 AM,
Teflon coating
Hi all,
I would like to ask you about teflon coating. Is it the same process with thermal spray (just different material? or is it definitely different to thermal spray process?

If it is the same, which kind of process that should be done? HVOF, Plasma, arc spray or flame spray?

If it is different, what equipment that should be needed to coated it?

Thx.
02-05-2009, 02:02 PM,
RE: Teflon coating
Hi Reza

Teflon and other fluorocarbon and "non-stick" type coatings are mainly applied by traditional painting or powder coating techniques, then hot cured in ovens. These products are not easily applied by thermal spray, although they can benefit from a thermal spray metallic or ceramic coating as a base coat.
02-07-2009, 03:27 AM,
So the conclusion, it is completely different techniques to thermal spray, right?
thx anyway mr.Gordon, I really appreciated that.

(02-05-2009, 02:02 PM)Gordon Wrote: Hi Reza

Teflon and other fluorocarbon and "non-stick" type coatings are mainly applied by traditional painting or powder coating techniques, then hot cured in ovens. These products are not easily applied by thermal spray, although they can benefit from a thermal spray metallic or ceramic coating as a base coat.
02-07-2009, 05:44 AM,
Hi Reza there are a few applicators of Teflon type coatings in Indonesia. The main contractor I know of is Arianto Dharmawan in Bandung, the contact information is

P. T. Arianto Darmawan
Jln. Hegarmanah No. 63
Bandung 40141
Indonesia
Ph: 62 22 2030100
Fx: 62 22 2041689

DuPont Website https://www.chemours.com/Teflon_Industri...ia_ap.html
02-10-2009, 05:00 AM,
Hi, Mr. Stephen
How are you? I'm Reza Dutaflow. Maybe you still remember. Why don't your company provide this kind of coating? thx.

(02-07-2009, 05:44 AM)Stephen Booth Wrote: Hi Reza there are a few applicators of Teflon type coatings in Indonesia. The main contractor I know of is Arianto Dharmawan in Bandung, the contact information is

P. T. Arianto Darmawan
Jln. Hegarmanah No. 63
Bandung 40141
Indonesia

02-11-2009, 02:58 AM,
Hi Reza, yes of course I remember you.

Why we Teknokraft does not do Teflon type coatings. As a job shop, we have learned to FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS. We have our concentration on applications, processes, materials, industries, applications, geography, and customers. Teflon coatings are a nice add on, but we can subcontract this out to others in the business.

The process is much more like painting, often followed by a thermal cure, and does not easily fit into our current strategy.

best regards,

Stephen Booth

(02-10-2009, 05:00 AM)rezabertoni Wrote: Hi, Mr. Stephen
How are you? I'm Reza Dutaflow. Maybe you still remember. Why don't your company provide this kind of coating? thx.

(02-07-2009, 05:44 AM)Stephen Booth Wrote: Hi Reza there are a few applicators of Teflon type coatings in Indonesia. The main contractor I know of is Arianto Dharmawan in Bandung, the contact information is

P. T. Arianto Darmawan
Jln. Hegarmanah No. 63
Bandung 40141
Indonesia

02-11-2009, 07:23 AM,
Many applicator for teflon in Jakarta and surroundings, such as : Tangerang, also in Surabaya many player in this fie;d, recently we got an inquiry for roll in food industry - like snack, cracker etc - also one machine maker for it in Surabaya, very simple as per Gordon says , likes painting...
Thanks & Regards,
Iwan Sedaryawan - Website : https://www.ciptaagung.com
Happy0193
02-11-2009, 11:23 PM,
(02-11-2009, 07:23 AM)iwan-sedaryawan Wrote: Many applicator for teflon in Jakarta and surroundings, such as : Tangerang, also in Surabaya many player in this fie;d, recently we got an inquiry for roll in food industry - like snack, cracker etc - also one machine maker for it in Surabaya, very simple as per Gordon says , likes painting...

Quote:very simple as per Gordon says , likes painting...
Happy0193 well I will have to say thermal spray is simple Toungue, but with all of these processes, the more in depth you go, the more complex they seem to become Animal0019.