Spraying Chromia with Triplex gun
09-04-2018, 03:45 PM,
Spraying Chromia with Triplex gun
Does anyone have experience of being able to spray dense Chromia coatings with a Metco Triplex plasma gun?

WE have had some significant problems and I feel that the gun is just not capable of producing the right quality of coating.
09-04-2018, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 06:22 PM by Vadim Verlotski.)
RE: Spraying Chromia with Triplex gun
(09-04-2018, 03:45 PM)dailyxe Wrote: Does anyone have experience of being able to spray dense Chromia coatings with a Metco Triplex plasma gun?

WE have had some significant problems and I feel that the gun is just not capable of producing the right quality of coating.

Dense plasma coatings of ceramics, including Cr2O3, do not exist, they all have an open and permeable crack network. There are porous and almost pore-free ceramic coatings, but none of them are dense without sealing.
09-05-2018, 12:50 PM,
RE: Spraying Chromia with Triplex gun
Are you using air silvents or jets? If you are using air silvents try removing one of them. If you are using air jets have them cross 15mm or so beyond your spray distance. I would also suggest using an air knife on the part to keep the part surface clean.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spraying Chromia with Triplex gun Millwarc 1 3,339 03-19-2016, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Joris Kraak