Select a twin arc spray system
02-04-2010, 04:29 PM,
RE: Select a twin arc spray system
Hi Mr.C

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

Thanks for your input.
02-04-2010, 04:44 PM,
(11-13-2009, 03:16 PM)djewell Wrote:
(08-05-2008, 04:39 PM)Gordon Wrote: A hybrid HVAF/Arc spray system. I would like to try that out. No doubt excellent/best quality coatings, but doubt it fits the other criteria Happy0193

Actually, the HVAF-ARC gun only weighs 2.8 kg, so it is light enough for an operator to use without becoming fatigued. The coatings produced by the HVAF-ARC gun are much denser than their twin wire arc counterparts, and the structure is much finer. The particles fly in a reduced oxygen environment, so they only form very thin oxide layers, allowing them to bond very well. Its electric drive system is powerful enough to easily pull wires through 6 m conduits.

Hi djewell

Very impressive as I suspected Smile My point "No doubt excellent/best quality coatings, but doubt it fits the other criteria" was really to say it might not be best for all applications e.g. spraying vast quantities of anti-corrosion zinc and aluminium coatings.
02-08-2010, 11:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 11:14 PM by Florin.)
(01-28-2010, 03:55 AM)Mr.C Wrote: Hi Florin,
I know this is an old post but I just joined this forum.
As stated in other replies, "Best" is hard to determine with all the applications and individual needs to take into consideration.
I personally like the OSU Arc Equipment. Starting price may be higher than some, depending on your requirements, but i have found the equipment to perform excellent and require very little to maintain. OSU Maschinenbau was acquired by Sulzer Metco several years back.
Hope this helps

Hello

Thank you for your answer! What exactly type of wire spray system do you use from Sulzer? They market: Eco Arc, Flexi Arc, Visu Arc, Smart Arc. I am interested in a robust, reliable spray system, giving good coating properties mainly for engineering applications.

Resuming all the people answers three are the main candidates:
1. Arcspray 140/S350-CL from Metallisation;
2. HVAF-ARC from Unique Coat;
3. Sulzer Metco Arc equipment, let's say Smart Arc / Visu Arc / Flexi Arc

Who is more suitable, robust and suitable for engineering applications. This is the question.

Best regards,
Florin
(11-13-2009, 03:16 PM)djewell Wrote:
(08-05-2008, 04:39 PM)Gordon Wrote: A hybrid HVAF/Arc spray system. I would like to try that out. No doubt excellent/best quality coatings, but doubt it fits the other criteria Happy0193

Actually, the HVAF-ARC gun only weighs 2.8 kg, so it is light enough for an operator to use without becoming fatigued. The coatings produced by the HVAF-ARC gun are much denser than their twin wire arc counterparts, and the structure is much finer. The particles fly in a reduced oxygen environment, so they only form very thin oxide layers, allowing them to bond very well. Its electric drive system is powerful enough to easily pull wires through 6 m conduits.

Hello

What is the customer's feed-back about the HVAF-ARC? How reliable is this in time? Are there any reports from independend persons? Are the overall costs (not only purchasing costs for equipment) higher than for a good typical wire spray system?

Best regards,
Florin
02-10-2010, 02:14 AM,
(02-08-2010, 11:08 PM)Florin Wrote: [quote='Mr.C' pid='4245' dateline='1264647329']
Hi Florin,
I know this is an old post but I just joined this forum.
As stated in other replies, "Best" is hard to determine with all the applications and individual needs to take into consideration.
I personally like the OSU Arc Equipment. Starting price may be higher than some, depending on your requirements, but i have found the equipment to perform excellent and require very little to maintain. OSU Maschinenbau was acquired by Sulzer Metco several years back.
Hope this helps

Hello

Thank you for your answer! What exactly type of wire spray system do you use from Sulzer? They market: Eco Arc, Flexi Arc, Visu Arc, Smart Arc. I am interested in a robust, reliable spray system, giving good coating properties mainly for engineering applications.

Resuming all the people answers three are the main candidates:
1. Arcspray 140/S350-CL from Metallisation;
2. HVAF-ARC from Unique Coat;
3. Sulzer Metco Arc equipment, let's say Smart Arc / Visu Arc / Flexi Arc

Who is more suitable, robust and suitable for engineering applications. This is the question.

Best regards,
Florin

Hi Florin,

My experience is with an Eco Arc 350 and Flexi Arc 300. I found the coating to have been premium with both. Eco Arc 350 is only for use with Zn,ZnAl, or AlMg. The Flexi is for use of most if not all arc wires.
I have heard that a Visu Arc with a PPG Gun is an excellent set up, however i do not have personal experience with this. There are also different Strong Arc set ups that are very robust.
I am only slightly familiar with the Metallisation equipment but have no hands on experience. I have heard that they accept larger diameter wire than most of the OSU equipment.
I dont know much about the HVAF-Arc equipment from Uniquecoat, but i am very interested.
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM,
(02-08-2010, 11:08 PM)Florin Wrote: Hello

What is the customer's feed-back about the HVAF-ARC? How reliable is this in time? Are there any reports from independend persons? Are the overall costs (not only purchasing costs for equipment) higher than for a good typical wire spray system?

Best regards,
Florin

Customer feedback for the HVAF-ARC is very positive. The operators never complain about excessive wear or difficulty setting operating parameters. They never have problems with the motor or gear box. They consume the same kinds of spare parts like they do with other twin wire arc guns. In fact, some operators consume fewer spare parts because the HVAF-ARC parts are constructed of robust materials. The overall purchase cost is comparable to other manufacturers' wire spray systems. Operating cost is slightly higher because of the additional propane which is needed for combustion, but it not needed for regular twin wire arc.
02-16-2010, 07:34 PM,
(02-16-2010, 06:24 PM)djewell Wrote:
(02-08-2010, 11:08 PM)Florin Wrote: Hello

Best regards,
Florin

Customer feedback for the HVAF-ARC is very positive. The operators never complain about excessive wear or difficulty setting operating parameters. They never have problems with the motor or gear box. They consume the same kinds of spare parts like they do with other twin wire arc guns. In fact, some operators consume fewer spare parts because the HVAF-ARC parts are constructed of robust materials. The overall purchase cost is comparable to other manufacturers' wire spray systems. Operating cost is slightly higher because of the additional propane which is needed for combustion, but it not needed for regular twin wire arc.

Hallo djewell

The microstructure you sent us on the site for HVAF-ARC coatings looks very good. I would be interested to learn more about this system technical specifications and coating performances. Could you please send me some reports concerning the HVAF-ARC with the coating properties? Is this an inverter power source? Is this a electric driven pull or push-pull?

Could you please send me more information on email? If yes, I will send you my email by PM.

Best regards,
Florin
02-19-2010, 03:17 PM,
(02-16-2010, 07:34 PM)Florin Wrote: Hallo djewell

The microstructure you sent us on the site for HVAF-ARC coatings looks very good. I would be interested to learn more about this system technical specifications and coating performances. Could you please send me some reports concerning the HVAF-ARC with the coating properties? Is this an inverter power source? Is this a electric driven pull or push-pull?

Could you please send me more information on email? If yes, I will send you my email by PM.

Best regards,
Florin

I sent you some coating data sheets, per your request. The power supply is transformer based, not inverter based. The drive is electrically driven to pull the wires through the conduits into the gun. This creates a consistent material feed and uniform spray pattern.
02-20-2010, 03:42 PM,
(02-19-2010, 03:17 PM)djewell Wrote:
(02-16-2010, 07:34 PM)Florin Wrote: Hallo djewell

Best regards,
Florin

I sent you some coating data sheets, per your request. The power supply is transformer based, not inverter based. The drive is electrically driven to pull the wires through the conduits into the gun. This creates a consistent material feed and uniform spray pattern.

Hallo!

Thank you very much, djewell! I received the answer on email.

Best regards,
Florin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb How does gas-shroud HVOF (warm spray) system work? Lalit 5 6,224 02-17-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: J!m
  Twin Arc spray system ( request for your recommendation) demionkrishan 0 1,765 03-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Last Post: demionkrishan
  INFO ON ROKIDE SPRAY SYSTEM ehasan 11 23,037 07-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Last Post: shantanu
  Miller Thermal Plasma spray system Vijay Deshpande 2 5,986 06-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Johnny_Blaze
  Wire Flame spray and Twin Arc spraying wtaz 1 4,190 03-30-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: loriolo
  Water Plasma Spray System sreenuvundela 0 3,348 03-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Last Post: sreenuvundela
  HVAF assisted Twin Arc MichiganMan 7 10,196 02-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Last Post: loriolo