Resurfacing a Musical Instrument
04-01-2011, 02:45 AM,
Information  Resurfacing a Musical Instrument
So I happened upon this site while searching for a low friction paint. I am working on a project restoring a cello. I've been told that refinishing the back of the neck on the instrument can be tricky. Basically I'm looking for something that will lower friction and be resistant to oils from the hand. Normal gloss finishes tend to grip. I am currently trying different ideas on another test instrument but am unsure of the long term effects. I've been looking at ceramic based paint, graphite based, and pool surface paints and am unsure which way to go.
04-01-2011, 03:50 AM,
RE: Resurfacing a Musical Instrument
Hi cello_fellow

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

If you don't mind, I think this is a good surface engineering question and I will move it to the surface engineering forum section. Probably get more attention there Smile
04-01-2011, 03:55 AM,
RE: Resurfacing a Musical Instrument
(04-01-2011, 03:50 AM)Gordon Wrote: Hi cello_fellow

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

If you don't mind, I think this is a good surface engineering question and I will move it to the surface engineering forum section. Probably get more attention there Smile

Sure wasn't sure if it was a real viable question or not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Instrument to check coating thickness of Thermal Barrier Coatings odski0317 5 17,699 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Last Post: dienngothe