Restricted Access Forums for SEF Active Members
06-02-2008, 07:22 PM,
Restricted Access Forums for SEF Active Members
This is a new place under development for members to have a little more privacy. Well privacy in the fact that only selected actively contributing SEF members can share content of threads and post, excluding the "lurkers" and rest of world Big Grin

Members that already have a good participation history with the Surface Engineering Forum will be given "Active Membership" permissions shortly.

For those that can't see the content of threads in the new sub-forums, please make a request to join (by replying to this thread, PM or email), though you will need to show your intent by participation, not just registering and lurking Happy0193

This is still being developed and not set in stone yet, so comments and suggestions will be appreciated.
11-11-2008, 07:29 PM,
RE: Restricted Access Forums for SEF Active Members
(06-02-2008, 07:22 PM)Gordon Wrote: This is a new place under development for members to have a little more privacy. Well privacy in the fact that only selected actively contributing SEF members can share content of threads and post, excluding the "lurkers" and rest of world Big Grin

Members that already have a good participation history with the Surface Engineering Forum will be given "Active Membership" permissions shortly.

For those that can't see the content of threads in the new sub-forums, please make a request to join (by replying to this thread, PM or email), though you will need to show your intent by participation, not just registering and lurking Happy0193

This is still being developed and not set in stone yet, so comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

I would love to have access. I am intent on gaining as much information on thermal spray as possible and welcome having any conversations I can with members more experienced than me. I have 10 years on thermal spray behind me and have just opened my own facility 1 year ago. Everyday is a new learning day, so any help on my education is much appreciated. I especially like the fact that I can ask technical questions and get informed, technical answers. I have many textbooks, but am not an engineer. SOmetimes it easier to understand in plain english!

Regards,
Brad
11-12-2008, 05:01 PM,
Hi Brad

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

You should now be able to view and post in the restricted access forums. Please let me know if you have any problems.
01-05-2009, 05:20 PM,
Dear Gorden,
I would also like to have access to this sub forum
Thanks and Regards
Vijay Deshpande
01-05-2009, 05:42 PM,
Hi Vijay

You should already have access Question Please see if you can read and make posts. Oh yes, please make sure you are logged on to the forum, otherwise it will not work.

Please get back to me if you still have problems.
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM,
Dear Gordon,

As I have previously made a survey of TSA on pipes for a norwegian project, I would like to get acces to this area. I can share my experience as I'm a coating inspector since 2005 (Nace). I'm not often on this forum but nevertheless, It's quite an accurate and a reliable one. Please provide me an access whenever you can.

Regards,

Stephane Schiets
QC Engineer
Fabricom GTI (SUEZ)
03-25-2009, 04:35 PM,
Hi Stephane

You should now have access Smile

(03-25-2009, 09:47 AM)Stephane Wrote: Dear Gordon,

As I have previously made a survey of TSA on pipes for a norwegian project, I would like to get acces to this area. I can share my experience as I'm a coating inspector since 2005 (Nace). I'm not often on this forum but nevertheless, It's quite an accurate and a reliable one. Please provide me an access whenever you can.

Regards,

Stephane Schiets
QC Engineer
Fabricom GTI (SUEZ)
12-04-2010, 01:17 PM,
Hello,

I would like to access this forum. Just to inform you we have rotary equipment refurbishment workshop in Karachi, Pakistan. We are now adding thermal coating facility in our workshop. We are new to thermal coating business and to start with already placed order for 16E gun of Sulzer Metco. Within one month, it will be delivered. To get some initial experience and training, local agent has given us one 10E gun. So we are the beginner in this field but business potential is great so hope to expand thermal coating business. We will be having various questions and would appreciate support from you and the forum members.

Best regards,
Zubair Ghani
TURBO MACHINERY SERVICES
KARACHI - PAKISTAN
Cell: +92 300 8239993
Email: turbo@cyber.net.pk
rotorbalancing@gmail.com
12-21-2010, 11:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2010, 11:30 PM by jackdone.)
Now add the thermal lining up a laboratory in-house. We are a new thermal coating and start businesses already set, so that the gun Sulzer Metco 16E. Months, it was delivered. Get some experience and training, local attorney has given us one of the weapons 10E. So we have a beginner in this field, but the company has great potential so I hope to extend the thermal activity of the coating.
07-27-2011, 07:11 PM,
Pl include me in this forum
(06-02-2008, 07:22 PM)Gordon Wrote: This is a new place under development for members to have a little more privacy. Well privacy in the fact that only selected actively contributing SEF members can share content of threads and post, excluding the "lurkers" and rest of world Big Grin

07-28-2011, 02:49 PM,
Hi vijaydeshin

You already have permissions to use these forums, please check and let me know if your having problems.

(07-27-2011, 07:11 PM)vijaydeshin Wrote: Pl include me in this forum

11-24-2014, 08:18 AM,
Is there any danger igniting acetylene in preheat mode on metco 6c with flows at air 12 oxy 37 and acy 55? Engineer swears that this is the correct method but wont these flows cause backfires and flamebacks? I am pretty sure that its supposed to be in idle. On one ocassion the flame arrestors were triggered and the whole guntip siphon plug orings melted and disintegrated. How dangerous is it for an operator to utilize igniting the gun on full flows?
11-25-2014, 10:41 AM,
Yes, I think it is very dangerous. The middle position is the lighting position.
11-25-2014, 12:18 PM,
(11-25-2014, 10:41 AM)Stephen Booth Wrote: Yes, I think it is very dangerous. The middle position is the lighting position.

thank you!