Recommended Hardware
08-04-2009, 07:09 PM,
Recommended Hardware
Is there some way of getting recommended hardware requirements for different powders using the SG-100 Praxair gun. Also i would like to know what is the best water flow for the sg-100 running at 900 amps ie gpm/psi. thanks for any help. I'm sure i didn't give enough info so if needed i will supply what i can.
08-08-2009, 06:41 PM,
RE: Recommended Hardware
Hi js2know

Sign0016 to the Surface engineering Forum.

Quote:Is there some way of getting recommended hardware requirements for different powders using the SG-100 Praxair gun.
First, if Praxair supplied powders, then best to inquire direct to Praxair. Other powder suppliers (if you are lucky) may have recommended parameters for your equipment, so inquire direct to them if you find no info is on their powder data sheets.

If no information is available, you could try post here with the specific material/coating in the hope someone will share parameters. Failing that, you will need to develop your own. As a starting point use parameters recommended by Praxair for one of their powders which matches closest to yours.

I will leave the question about cooling water flow rate to those with more experience with this system. Again I would contact Praxair in the first instance.
08-11-2009, 12:07 PM,
RE: Recommended Hardware
We have done some parameter work at South African Airways with SG-100 gun and used a number anodes, cathodes etc. Let me know what powders and I will see what we have on file.

Adam

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The recommended surface speed M.Naguib 1 8,918 12-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Last Post: kschewe