Post view order
02-02-2007, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2007, 12:56 AM by Gordon.)
Post view order
Hi Administrators.
Couldn't find out from the Help-files how to make a reply to anything, without duplicating the original re/question. If we have a longer discussion concerning the same thread, then every in-between reply is duplicated (taking needless space) and making it idle knowledge. Don't know, may be this is the structure of the Forum, and I should continue as previously?
br bjarne
PS. How do one change the forum setup to show the latest reply or comment etc. to be in the front row, when one opens the SEF?
bhe
02-03-2007, 09:32 PM,
RE: Post Order View
Hi bjarne

bhellman Wrote:PS. How do one change the forum setup to show the latest reply or comment etc. to be in the front row, when one opens the SEF?
bhe

Not sure exactly what your after here. The following comments may help though.

If you want to order the posts within a thread to ascending instead of descending like the facility for ordering threads, I afraid that is not possible in the current set-up. I will look into this to see if it is a possible feature for the future (should anybody want this).

You could try the threaded view mode (top of thread page above first post) if this is more to your liking. Your viewing mode reverts back to linear when you move to another thread though. Changing your viewing mode in your [User CP] ? [Options] will make this permanent. Think I have just discovered a bug. Selecting the threaded mode in User CP makes changing back to linear mode via the post page not possible (as you can with linear or default mode in set in User CP). I will look into this problem and try and get a fix.

You can view New Posts and View Todays Posts by clicking near the top of page under ?Welcome back ...". Also under thread listings you can select ?last post?

SEF Portal lists threads by last thread first in descending order and on the lefthand side lists posts by last post first in descending order.

Hope that helps.
02-19-2007, 04:55 PM,
Bug fixed
Gordon Wrote:You could try the threaded view mode (top of thread page above first post) if this is more to your liking. Your viewing mode reverts back to linear when you move to another thread though. Changing your viewing mode in your [User CP] ? [Options] will make this permanent. Think I have just discovered a bug. Selecting the threaded mode in User CP makes changing back to linear mode via the post page not possible (as you can with linear or default mode in set in User CP). I will look into this problem and try and get a fix.

The bug descibed above has been fixed Big Grin. You can select your default viewing mode in UserCP. You can toggle between the viewing modes when reading posts, but it will switch back to default when you move to a different thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post Reply bhellman 3 12,733 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Gordon